LegacyGT.com

Follow up to the grinding in Reverse problem

Can't find the original thread so hear goes-

The car has been at the dealership for approximately 2 weeks and change. They took apart the tranny and found a stripped drive shaft which they said was just bad luck and a badly machined part that made it into the car. That being said, the service guys agreed to a full overhaul of the unit. Well as of Monday and after one overhaul, the tranny is making an even worse sound. Damn it. SOA last said they wanted the dealership to replace bearings before granting the dealers request for a new transmission. Both the dealership and I are firmly against this for the sheer fact that there is obviously something seriously wrong with the unit as a whole. I'm calling SOA tomorrow to voice my desire for a new unit. The dealership said this would be a wise move to help speed things up.

The good news is that the dealership is on my side and, the problem is all under warranty. They found no signs of abuse and are requesting that SOA send out a new unit altogether which I am 100% behind. To make matters a bit better, I got a new B9 Tribeca as a loaner and really like it dispite my utter hatred for SUVs. Its nice to have a Subaru in the drive way again at minimum. However, I want my "B-Wing" back. I visited her today and she needs a bath in addition to a new transmission.

The saga continues...

Well I got another call today from SOA and they are giving me a brand new tranny and extending my warranty. In addition, I have a new Tribeca for a loaner. Sorry to hear about your experience SLegacy. I called the SOA office in Cherry Hill NJ and got two very nice people, one a call receiver who forwarded my call, and another sales rep who was very receptive. I think he expected me to be demanding a new car and what not... I have been 100% happy from the treatment I received from my dealership (Santa Monica Subaru) and SOA.

Should have the B-Wing back by next week.

Hmmm. I originally complained about the numerous and repeating problems I have had in the past 8 months that I have owned the car. I am averging almost 1 a month. So they told me that my car was out of warranty and that I should be servicing it at certified dealer, which I told them that I did in my initial letter. They told me to deal with it myself. Like gee thanks Subaru, you really make me wanna purchase another one. Being that this is the third in my family, I expected better. And I would think that they would want to appease me being that I am young and have the potential to buy many Subarus in my lifetime. But I guess I am just young and naive....and bitter. Especially when the safety of my passangers and self is at stake.

Archived