LegacyGT.com

it wont start!

i got a battery from autozone and it started right up about 3 weeks ago. then about 2 weeks ago it started right up again. now it wont, and i spoke w/ a subaru tech he said check all fuses under hood, I did... all are fine... i also checked the fuse for the IGN under the dash, its fine, cleaned terminals and cranked it, still no crank... just the tick of the starter engaging. So i take a prybar and tap the starter and have someone try to start the car, still nothing more than the click of the starter and again, this tapping the starter was advised from a subaru tech.

its got fuel, its got connection... im taking the battery to have it tested right now, if you can think of anything reply please

battery came back as fine... Im going back tomorrow to re/double check the battery wires, negatives/ground wires, wires to starter, wire to alternator... anything I can find. This is some bull$H!t.... the car started fine just 2 weeks ago and I know for a fact nothing has been toyed w/ or pulled out since then. More money, more problems, less profit on the project.

Starter might be bad or there may be a bad wire going to it.

Sounds like a problem I had in my Ford F-150, sometimes it would turn over other times, click click. I found that my terminal on the wire attached to the Starter was badly corroded and was causing the intermittant failures, especially when wet / damp.

same problem on my dad's 93 legacy and my brothers 97 maxima (they use the same ignition switch). the harness at the end of the switch turned out to be bad. replaced it for $20 each and never had a problem again

both battery terminals were tight as hell and clean as hell... its a new battery. All wires "seemed' fine under the view of the naked eye

spark plugs

fuel

oil

^^^^^^ while i appreciate you throwing out ideas, those wouldnt affect the starter from at least cranking... which it wont.

i'll investigate more into that ignition switch harness (where was it on the subaru... down under the dash coming out of the steering column or on the kick panel toward the left side under the dash with other fuses.

Archived