LegacyGT.com

93 Legacy L speedo stopped working

Gary

im new here but love subbie's. had a few impreza's and what not but I was givin this Legacy a few years ago and love how dependable its been. anyways heres the prob........

last night i was driving and all of a sudden i noticed my speedo was not wokin (neither is the odometer) but everytime i start the car the little green icon that says "power" flashes a few times, which it never did before this problem appeared. so.....anyone ever deal with this or sound familar to anyone?

Thanks in advance

Gary

im assuming since its an older model it will probably have a mechanical speedo (a ring w/ splines on it somewhere inside the transmission). You may need to replace it or check the linkage? I dont have any experience w/ Subaru's really but I had to toy w/ my old camaro's speedo plenty of times because in colder weather it would go nuts

On the 93 its a cable design like my 92. They can go goofy in cold weather, making noise etc... But, if it stopped alltogether I would think the cable broke. Its cake to change under the hood, but in the car you have to crawl under the dash (I hate that) Check a junkyard their cheap. Hope this helps! PS the power light is for the trans, I can see what one has to do with the other unless the cluster has shorted out.

PS the power light is for the trans, I can see what one has to do with the other unless the cluster has shorted out.

what does that power light mean?? i know it only comes on when at WOT but, thats all i know?

Archived