LegacyGT.com

Which Sirius - Xact Visor or Sirius One?

paulmlac

I'm trying to decide between an Xact Visor or Sirius One.

Does anyone have the Visor mounted in the cubby above the clock?

Based on the measurements I took in store, it looks to be just a little too wide (including the wires sticking out the side).

But looking for some real-use experience from someone who might have the Visor...

Next mounting location is the dash. Obvious downside here is that it's more tempting to thieves.

I don't want to use the sun visor as a mounting location - prevents flipping the sun visor down & using the unit.

Botom Line:

*** I'd like to mount the unit in the cubby so I can close the door and hide it. So, if the Visor fits, that's the unit.

*** If the Visor doesn't fit in the cubby, then I'll go with the One on the dash because the remote looks easier to use (actual buttons vs the flat "buttons").

Thanks for any & all help!

Looked at the Starmate in store. Measured it & the cubby. Looks like the radio is just a few 16th's of an inch narrower than the cubby. Wanted to verify it does still fit when the wires are installed on the left side of the radio (power, antennae, etc)???

Also, another question, how hard is it to get those wires up through the back of the dash behind the cubby?

Thanks!

Archived