LegacyGT.com

Problem with trip meter

Finchy

I'm posting for my dad who just bought a new GT wagon. He said sometimes the trip will read ILL.6. I guess it reads like that for a bit then goes back. He mentioned one time it happened when he was idling after just starting the car. I looked through the manual and couldn't find anything about it. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this. Thanks!

Speaking of which, I don't like the way the trip timer automatically re-sets when you turn off the engine. Is there any way to keep a running total until you manually re-set? I need to break my old Bend-Reno record time and won't be able to tell exactly how long it took me!

There are 6 illumination levels for the instruments in the Legacy GT. They range from level 6, which is the brightest level, down to level 1, which is barely illuminated at all. The illumination level (ex. ILL 6) appears briefly on the trip meter display whenever you touch the illumination dial (located next to the outside mirror control) or start the car. This is a normal and desirable function of the instrumentation in the Legacy GT. Your dad's car is not "ILL" 8)

Archived