LegacyGT.com

Snow tires...

vwtopdog

I just bought my first Subaru Outback L.L.Bean Edition. Since where I live snow a lot, I want to replace the factory wheels/tires with snow wheels/tires until spring come around. Would it be a problem if I minus size my wheels and tires? Original is 225/55 17". Minus size would be 215/65 16". I heard Subaru transmission is very sensitive with the tires. The car is also equip with tire pressure monitor system. I never have a car with this option before. Is that mean I have to install a sensor inside the winter wheels too.:confused:

I went up in size on both summer and winter tyres. stock for my 97' OB 5spd is 205/65-R15, summer is 215/70-R15 for off road and 225/45-R17 for street. Winter is 205/70-R15 street and 195/75-15 rally. all are larger than stock. I say go for it.

Subarus do not like different (front back, side to side) tires. The only issue you would have if you ran with a full set of larger or smaller tires is the speedo will change. Check the over all diameter of the stock tire vs. new tire.

man would that look silly

the problem with the TPM is that the light will go off on the dash

I'm not sure, but I think the system can only have 4 sensors programmed to it at a time, so even if you bought a second set of sensors for the 2nd set of wheels, you'd still have to get the system reprogrammed each time you swap wheels

moved to wheels /tires

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Archived