LegacyGT.com

Track wheels/tires on RBP LegacyGT

BOXRPWR

got my new wheels & tires mounted today, so I went ahead and put em on to get a few miles on them and break-in the tread.

the wheels are RAZE R74, 17 x 8.0 48mm, Gold w/polished lip. tires are Yokohama AVS ES100 in 245/40/17. Wheels cost only $159 ea., tires cost only $113 ea.

I'm impressed with the look & quality of these inexpensive wheels. They were noticably lighter than my 5Zigen GN+Racer wheels in 18 x 8.5 wearing the same tire width.

Haven't driven on the ES100's enough to gather an opinion on traction, ride, road noise, etc. They also look nice for a very inexpensive tire.

Cheers!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/BOXRPWR/PICT0315.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/BOXRPWR/PICT0316.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/BOXRPWR/PICT0317.jpg

Yes, they are 5x114. That's a pretty cool deal since it fits all the Subies, including the new STI.

and these close-up pics make me want to buy the Racing Brake 1-piece rear rotors to balance better with the front RB BBK.

Don't you racers all worry you are going to damage your car by getting in an accident and then the insurance will not cover it? Just curious.

:confused: "insurance will not cover it..." ?? cover what?.... damage car from not putting on the center cap? :confused: I was not aware of the importance of center caps :confused: , I see JDM cars racing without them all the time :).

In Taiwan now...:spin:

Don't you racers all worry you are going to damage your car by getting in an accident and then the insurance will not cover it? Just curious.

we get track insurance ;) and we get investments and health/life insurances to cover our need for fun.

Work hard, play hard... worker harder THEN play harder.

And there's not much to worry if you are going into the track with the right mindset that crap happens.. it's a choice you make just like anything else. I think the track is actually safer than public road driving.. but that's just me.

I also have a track car to use as well.

Keefe

:confused: "insurance will not cover it..." ?? cover what?.... damage car from not putting on the center cap? :confused: I was not aware of the importance of center caps :confused: , I see JDM cars racing without them all the time :).

some track clubs wont even allow you to have center caps as it can be a flying projectile on the track.. take them off, save the weight and aggrevation of losing them on the track (if/when that does happen).

Keefe

some insurance companies will cover track days so long as they arent competitive (read: timed).

this is why i keep my track toy on a seperate policy :D

They were noticably lighter than my 5Zigen GN+Racer wheels in 18 x 8.5 wearing the same tire width.

they should be lighter than your 18x8.5 since they are a smaller wheel and lighter tire.

wow...thanks for the insight! :lol:

btw...lots of 18s are lighter than stock wheels. ssr gt2 is mid 17 lbs to name one of many. i realize you know this already...just confused by your post

wow...thanks for the insight! :lol:

btw...lots of 18s are lighter than stock wheels. ssr gt2 is mid 17 lbs to name one of many. i realize you know this already...just confused by your post

well, those RAZE wheels are like 18 lbs.. so they arent that much heavier than stock, just 1" wider.. but at the same time, the tires are just heavier.. very hard to find a lightweight tire (Toyo T1-S was one of the lightest tires to get) to offset the wheel weight issue.. but it all comes down to mass location.

I think the 18x8.5 SSR GT2s are in the 18 lbs range.. The 18x8.5 SSR Comp (non-H) are 14.6 lbs.. the H-versions (2-piece welded) is 19 lbs for that size.

I am currently trying to sell off my 18x8 SSR GT7s (19 lbs) for some SSR 17x8.5 SSR Comps (13 lbs). I feel like running a set of 255/40/17 tires ;)

If not, I'll just get a set of the Anthracite 18x8.5 SSR Comps to replace the GT7s.

Keefe

well, those RAZE wheels are like 18 lbs.. so they arent that much heavier than stock, just 1" wider.. but at the same time, the tires are just heavier.. very hard to find a lightweight tire (Toyo T1-S was one of the lightest tires to get) to offset the wheel weight issue.. but it all comes down to mass location.

I think the 18x8.5 SSR GT2s are in the 18 lbs range.. The 18x8.5 SSR Comp (non-H) are 14.6 lbs.. the H-versions (2-piece welded) is 19 lbs for that size.

I am currently trying to sell off my 18x8 SSR GT7s (19 lbs) for some SSR 17x8.5 SSR Comps (13 lbs). I feel like running a set of 255/40/17 tires ;)

If not, I'll just get a set of the Anthracite 18x8.5 SSR Comps to replace the GT7s.

Tirerack claims 17.2 pounds for the GT2 (Luke). Most sites list them at 17.6 with a few 17.9 or 18.1. Regardless, lighter than stock 17s.

If the Raze wheels are 18 lbs...wouldnt that make them lighter than stock? I thought stockers were 19 or 20.

I did not even mention center caps. I beleive that the title of the thread mentioned the track which implying racing. Therefore I asked a question about racing. Crazy :lol:

^^ ?... I thought you were talking about the caps since you were replying to "Originally Posted by XenonkI would just not use the center caps though.. just pop them off ;) get rid of whatever weight you can :lol: that's what I do with all my SSRs"

...sorry man

In Taiwan now...:spin:

Archived