LegacyGT.com

Will Subaru sell Legacy 3.0 Sedan?

is subaru gonna sell 3.0 sedans? I know there's a OB 3.0 sedan but it's too expensive 3.0 sedan would be perfect for me I'm not really a fan of turbocharger and I dont know if i can take care of the turbo very well. 3.0 legacy for the same MSRP as the 2.5 GT? now that's what I want.

[quote name='Accord Lover']is subaru gonna sell 3.0 sedans? I know there's a OB 3.0 sedan but it's too expensive 3.0 sedan would be perfect for me I'm not really a fan of turbocharger and I dont know if i can take care of the turbo very well. [/quote] What part of Turbo maintenance are you worried about?

There isn't really any "maintenance" on subaru turbos. They've come along way, baby... In general there isn't a huge benefit to going to the h6, though maybe it'd be better for the AT models that everyone says have lag. Certainly performance mods are generally easier/cheaper with a turbo.

[quote name='scubie02']There isn't really any "maintenance" on subaru turbos. They've come along way, baby... In general there isn't a huge benefit to going to the h6, though maybe it'd be better for the AT models that everyone says have lag. Certainly performance mods are generally easier/cheaper with a turbo.[/quote] That was my point, but I wanted to see if there was anything specific. -Nick

I would guess if the demand for it persists they will. Obviously, since it's in the Outback, it wouldn't be hard to drop it in the Legacy GT. It's just they'd have to not call it the Legacy GT-R like they do in the Outback. "R" pretty much indicates the "Racing" version. The 3.0 is slower and less powerful than then 2.5T and probably weighs more, so it surely wouldn't be an "R" version. The name Legacy 3.0 GT would be fitting. And since the new Legacy GT's full name is the Legacy 2.5 Gt (at least that's what they put on the trunk lid) then kinda tells you that eventually there will be the Legacy 3.0 GT, otherwise, what's the point in putting the 2.5 on there? My guess is the 2007 model. And doubtful the price would be the same as the 2.5T, the H-6 engine isn't in as many cars, therefore production numbers aren't as high, therefore, it cost more to make. I'd figure a $700-$1000 premium for the 3.0

I'm not quite sure you understand the naming strategy. *The 2.5i is their base Naturally Aspirated 2.5L engined models. *The 2.5GT is their Turbocharged 2.5L engined models. *The 3.0R is their Naturally Aspirated 3.0L engined models. That is regardless of Outback or Legacy. If/when they bring out an EZ30R powerered Legacy, it will have the 3.0R name per it's powerplant. That the i, GT, R are only attached to that specific engine. You won't get a GT-R. You'd have to have a 2.5L turbo and an H6 in the car to get a designation like that. We all know, that won't happen. Australia and I believe several other places are or will be soon recieving the Legacy 3.0R with some places recieving a Spec B version with 6MT. The standard 3.0R model with 5EAT only is actually listed at a slightly reduced cost to the 2.0GT in Australia, but that could be due to the higher cost of the twin-scroll turbocharger and it's respective manifold. A 3.0R here in the states would likely come in close to even with or at an up to $1000 premium over 2.5GT models.

Archived