LegacyGT.com

Searched - Need info re: removing things

SkiDaddy

Woo Hoo! I've ordered all my stuff for the new install! Alpine 9847 HU in cubby, Focal 165CV1 coaxials, JL e6450 6 channel amp, JL CS110RG-W1v2 sub/enclosure, Dynamat Extreme & all wiring. $1300 worth of goodies for phase 1! :icon_bigg (Phase 1 will have front speakers and sub only; phase 2 will add rear speakers/rear door Dynamat as the budget permits.) I'll post some pics of the install as I go along.

Now my questions: I've searched but haven't found info on how to remove the passenger side dash (found info on cubby, oem HU) or door sill wire channel covers. I could assume they're ~mostly~ held in w/plastic push connectors & just start ripping but I'd rather get some info from those who've already posted about these things.

So anyone better at searching than I am? :icon_tong Who's got some links to share?

BTW, is there an FAQ/other info on using the search functions?

Do a search on the "interior air filter" or something like that... there's a walkthrough on removing the passenger side dash. I'm at work waiting for a script to finish running, otherwise I'd do the search and link it for you..

So you just pull straight out to remove the clips? Is there a tool or is it just muscle?

Bicster, I'll need to remove the antenna from the OEM radio & connect to an adapter; that's why I ~may~ need to remove the dash. The glove box has to come out for sure to route cables.

To remove the antenna from the OEM radio, just pull the radio out?? :confused: You should have plenty of room to work with back there.

Route cables under the carpet?

Personally I hate taking parts off my car off except as a last resort. The more I mess with the more likely I am to damage something, create squeaks or rattles, etc... I'm paranoid.

You really shouldn't need to pull the passenger dash, you can easily route stuff under the carpet or under the dash, & the antenna's easy to reach once you pull the oem stereo.

The door sills, use a trim pry tool, very wide & flat to rip them up, and that's what it is, ripping. Pull straight up. The kick panels forward of that, pull towards the rear of the car.

Archived