LegacyGT.com

EWWWWWWWWWW EVO X

I saw it on NABISCO I think a few weeks or months back, I so feel the same. This new-age crap is getting old. I so like the designs that were forged in the early 90's, the EVO 5/6, Impreza GC/GM/GF, Legacy BD/BG, Skyline R33, etc, etc, etc... This new 'euro' CRAP just doesn't do much for me besides the new Leggy's good looks. I can be standing somewhere in view of my car and every time I glance at it, that little devil pops up on my shoulder, 'DRIVE ME!' :lol: The Legacy, at least from certain angles, and with those wheels sort of has some of the aura of the GC, but on a more refined look. This new EVO X concept is like taking some european car, trying to make it look Japanese mean, and adding a wing on it that looks so out of place. It just don't fit! Oh well, at least Subaru confirmed the next generation Impreza would be getting smaller and lighter. :D

That is a photoshop, albeit a good one. I like to browse the Evo forums from time to time and all those magazines with the proported next Evo basically use the same picture to photoshop their cars on. Why would they design an Evo X before they've designed an Evo IX? :D Kinda makes you wonder...
-ben

looks like a cross between a Mercury Cougar and a Neon. Weird. But the power should be another thing... 'well over 300 bhp!' Now THAT will be interesting...and of course, that car is a prototype...as they state that it can 'change.' later, i.

Because IX sounds blah Ben! :lol: I dunno, there may be an EVO 9, but we'll just see. If they do the same thing Subaru is, smoke and mirrors, with the new Impreza, it will look a lot better. Subaru has been taking a LOT of feedback from loyal owners in the last year or so, feedback towards the next generation model as I don't think they did that much for the current platform. Although the GD/GG platform has been considered a success in this market (considering our lack of turbo performance AWD models), I'm not sure it lived up to their full expectations. I know it sure doesn't and I don't think it will ever come close to the cult status of the old GC/GM/GF cars. That is why it sounds like bean counters are sitting in the back seat on the next generation model, although navigating somewhat, it sounds like the shots are coming from engineering, design, and customers. That's what we're hearing at least thus far.

Yeah, you're right it sounds blah! Haha. Soon, the Evo line will catch up to the numbering of Final Fantasy games! :D Also, it's good Subaru is listening to owners and enthusiasts. Mitsubishi is skimping out on their cars. They are bringing an MR edition Evo, which is different from the Evolution MR that the Japanese have, and they are angry about that.
-ben

That new EVO looks like a 4-door version of the celica. Lame. I am sure the car will perform, no doubt about that, but why would anyone want to buy from a company who is having that many problems with their vehicles...and lying about it! Mitsu needs to get a clue :?:

Or new management. Supposedly that's in the works, at least for the parent company. A few of the old execs got hauled straight from the office to jail for corruption I believe. In Japan it seems their business practices are much more closely scrutinized.

Seth, you are right they got hauled for corruption. The Japanese executives covered up recalls for their cars so they could maintain sales. I'm glad Mitsubishi Motors North America got bought out or taken over by Chrysler, because my friend's dad was actually the C.E.O. before that, but he got kicked out. Lucky him, he doesn't have to deal with this.
-ben

If you look at some of the cars that Mitsu is pumping out, the EVO X is very much in line with this concept. The car itself could look like whatever but the running gear is very important and as we all know, the EVO has always been something special. In my mind, as long as it lifts the bar at Subaru to perform better, well Im all for it, but do agree the space age soft roader look should be left in the pasture..... Adam. And EVO 6.5 was the best for mine. :)

They're still their own company, and they just appointed Hyundai USA's CEO to revive sales. BTW: (flamesuit on) I think this car kicks ass :D [quote name='axis008']Seth, you are right they got hauled for corruption. The Japanese executives covered up recalls for their cars so they could maintain sales. I'm glad Mitsubishi Motors North America got bought out or taken over by Chrysler, because my friend's dad was actually the C.E.O. before that, but he got kicked out. Lucky him, he doesn't have to deal with this.[/quote]

[quote name='SUBE555']A guy I race with was going to get an MR for race, then he's like, uh, yeah, we all know how they pull warrantys of people who race. Forget that idea! They lost another sale right there. :)[/quote] Haha, yeah. I remember reading the thread over at the Evo forums where the guy wasn't covered because they caught him at the strip. It was funny because he lied and then they showed him pictures they took and even the time he got!
-ben

Archived