LegacyGT.com

ICY Subaru Racing Team In Charlotte

autoxdad

The Icy Subaru racing team is planning on being at Folger Subaru on either Wed Feb 15th or Thursday the 16th. Will be a good chance to meet these guys and have a subaru meet at the same time. They will be racing at Kershaw the following weekend and that would be fun to see also. You can read about the team at www.icyracing.com. I will put a thread on here once it is decided which night and the time. Dave

It is a very nice track, although I have only been on half of it. I autocrossed on it twice, once in my old IS 300 and once in Tim's STI. Nice road course with some cones to slow you down but it was fast and lots of fun. I believe that you will be able to get a free one day membership to CCR to watch them race that weekend. I will get the info and put it on here

I have been there a couple years ago in my integra. I was there for a driving school. The track is awesome! It is a little hard on the brakes, but then again...when is racing not hard on brakes. I know I had a blast going 100+ around "the kink" before the technical section. Let me know if you have anymore questions about it.

Dave...please keep us posted on the ICY event and the race at CMP (Carolina Motorsports Park). Maybe we can organize a carpool so we dont all have to drive. Any thoughts?

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Well.........the subie is sold. I had a guy at a dealership offer me 25,400 for my subie (for his kid), well thinks I, thats about 3400 bucks more than I paid for it. Soooooo, I sold it and my wife now owns a 2005 Dodge Durango Hemi. Such as life, gonna miss getting to hang out with ya'll. Take care

Hmmmmmmm.......any idea's about an FX-35....might be fun to set up for autocross..........hehehehehehe

I shall go flog myself 100 times for pitance and apology to my breathern.

Well.........the subie is sold. I had a guy at a dealership offer me 25,400 for my subie (for his kid), well thinks I, thats about 3400 bucks more than I paid for it. Soooooo, I sold it and my wife now owns a 2005 Dodge Durango Hemi. Such as life, gonna miss getting to hang out with ya'll. Take care

Hmmmmmmm.......any idea's about an FX-35....might be fun to set up for autocross..........hehehehehehe

Wow...that was short lived...Hope it was worth it:icon_bigg

Take Care!

Chris

Happy flogging and good luck!!

Archived