LegacyGT.com

Headlight bulb monster

stereostatic

Hello, I am new to the forum and did a bid of searching on this topic and couldn't find anything, so I thought I would ask. I have a 2005 Legacy 2.5i wagon. I have owned it for 18 months and have had to replace both sets of dim beam light bulbs twice already. Is this the normal consumption rate for these cars? It seems quite high to me, and the last bulb on the right side only lasted 4 months. Any suggestions?

Thanks

well... I thought of that.... but my friends and parents all have new cars with running lights on all of the time as well... and they all have lasted over 2 years. I just thought 4 months was a little much... but maybe it is just a fluke and 1 year is the norm. btw.... is there a thread on disabling the the daytime lights? Thanks

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2117

Before someone berrates you about doing a search here's the link. Check out my experience on page 10. It can be done very quick without tools I am sure. Use the pictures to guide you at the beginning of the thread. I hope the 2.5i is the same as the GT in terms of the placement of the box etc. I would assume it is.

I've had the same problem. I just disabled the DRL to hopefully get some more bulb life. If this doesn't work, I guess I have to get HIDs.

I didn't want to disable the DRL either, since I think it is a good saftely feature, but oh well. :( I wonder if they just added that for the USDM and that's why they burn out so fast, versus other cars running all the time for years.

Archived