LegacyGT.com

turn signal problem

steveey

It all started when my passenger rear turn signal light went out. When I went to replace the bulb the socket was all melted and charred. I bought a new socket and bulb and realized that the turn signal works when the lights are not on. When the lights are on just the passenger side rear tail light doesn't work. I don't know what to do and need help before I get a ticket.

^ my guess is that the owner used higher wattage bulbs and burnt the harness.. after replacing the harness, somewhere along the way, the wires were crossed up when splicing the new harness back in..

typically, a normal harness wouldnt fry up like that unless there was a higher drawing bulb was used.. how did the wire fry up in the first place? Maybe you should take the car back to the dealer to get the entire wiring looked at.. it could go all the way to the fuse, but I doubt it since you say that the signal works when the lights are not on...

Keefe

did you get the wires crossed up when you spliced in the new harness? that's what it sounds like to me.

i had it checked. wires were jammed, charred. that is why there was a sharing of electric current with the turn signal. oh, well...:confused:

mccory.. i can't tell.. i just know it's hot!:icon_bigg

• 3 months later...
Warning... ot!

***** What car is that in your avatar, steveey?

Looks like the Mad Max's 'Interceptor' which was, I think, a Ford Falcon. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

Archived