LegacyGT.com

Cusco Sway bars first impressions

MIKEBRAVO

So you didn't have any PROBLEMS driving w/ just the rear? It just didn't seem as balanced? Def better than stock though w/ the rear? I was thinking about goin w/ just that setup...was wondering what it was like, could you describe it more? Do you think there are any potential problems w/ having the bar just on the rear? IE- Abnormal tire wear, slippage in the front more...i don't know......

To be perfectly honest, I didn't like the feel with only the 21mm on the back. Like I said before, it didn't feel as predictable kinda twitchy. I doubt if 1mm makes a big difference but the guys with the JDM are running 20mm on the back and 21mm on the front and they seem to like it so maybe its just me.

I truely love the pair though.:icon_bigg I been driving with them for a week now (500 miles) and I still look forward to driving. I waffled back and forth for a week or so between staying stock or just putting the rear on, or the set. I am very satistifed with the set. My only regret is that I installed the rear. It took me longer then what the forums said but it wasn't hard. My dealer said they would put the set on for $225 or the front on for $165 and for $60 bucks, it wasn't worth getting dirty and buying a torque wrench. I'll PM you my phone number it will probaly be easier cuss I cann't type for sh$t

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

I think this is the biggest problem when tuning for speed vs tuning for confidence. Understeer makes a car feel more "secure" and increases driver confidence, however it is ultimately slower. Neutrality or moderate oversteer feels loose but if you know how to drive it it is ultimately faster.

You are right most people ask thier front wheels to do way too much. The funny thing is that alot of tuner companies play into this for thier own protection as well as they know that the majority of users who buy thier products won't push it past "70 percent."

The driver is left feeling safe and secure and the company dosent have to worry about complaints that thier product caused thier car to go backwards into a fence.

Well said.

If you buy the set your car will still be faster then stock, just not faster then me, and I spent less.

Since everyone is giving great info and theory here (and I'm a newbie on this stuff)...

Is it best to go to coilovers only and see if you get the ride you like before messing with the sways? (I realize this is a much more expensive option...) Do coilovers alone sometimes do the job or is it "inevitable" I'll end up getting sways if I get coilovers (looking at GPmoto)?

Would like to get the "less roll, more Gs, better damping, etc" without loss of independent suspen on potholes, etc.

My driving style will be mostly spirited street with occassional autox and hopefully track. A little bit of oversteer is fun IMHO (other than on ice)...though not sure if it's faster.

Archived