LegacyGT.com

Time of delivery?

Hi, I ordered my white 5MT GT sedan last week monday. Ive been hearing alot about allocations on this site, what are they and what one would my car be in? Also a time frame for delivery would be nice, but since I heard that there aren't alot of white manuals im guessing it might be awhile.

When I ordered, I told them white was my first choice, silver was my second choice. I ordered Thursday of last week and there was NO white GT manuals in the ENTIRE country in this allocation. There were some on dealer lots already, but I wanted to order my not get one that had been test driven by a handful of people. I went with silver then. I was told 4 weeks. I was also told I'd have to wait an additional 4-5 weeks to see if there was a white one available in the next allocation. I didn't want to wait. So I'd think you better be prepared to wait a good 8-10 weeks for a white one. Like my dealer was, I'm perplexed as to why Subaru hasn't made more white Legacies. Guess they didn't think it would be a popular color. Their bad!

I had not expected to see this topic brought up, but it is near and dear to my heart as well. I ordered an OBXT LTD 5MT in champagne gold. I was told it would be 4-5 weeks. It never came in. I settled for the first one that came into the dealership which was a brilliant silver OBXT LTD 5MT which ironically, I like even more than the gold. One of my main concerns was that my XT not be used as a demo and that no one test drive it. My silver OBXT came off the truck the night before I bought it and still had the plastic on it when I signed the check, I was the first to drive it, in fact, they gave me a voucher for the first tank of gas because I did not want them to drive it to the gas station. I saw the order form and conformation from SOA with respect to the gold one that the dealer ordered for me. It was not supposed to be there until late this month. It was ordered the third week of June. Anyway, the guy I was working with explained the delay with the following: Subaru limits the #'s of XT's/GT's that are distributed based on the sales of the 2.5i's. He explained that it has a something to do with emmissons numbers and how the 2.5i's classification is better than the XTs/GTs. Federal laws regulating imports and emmissions. For every XT/GT a sales region is allocated, it is allocated so many 2.5i's. It sounded believable anyway. I believe that this may be part of it, but there has to be more to it than that. Did you notice all of the 04's that are still on the lot? Would you even consider buying an 04 if your choices included an 05GT? Well what if they gave great incentives on the 04 and your only 05 choice was a 2.5i that was thousands more than the deal you could get on the 04? I think a lot of it may come down to the profit margin of the 2.5i as compared to the XT/GT as well. The OBXT is a great car. I have about 150 miles until I reach the 1000 mile mark. Break in will finally be over.

well, it's been a while for me as well. But, look on the bright side, at least they made some minor tweaks to the plant at SIA, so the car may be better, now that we are all having to wait a little? Can't be sure of that, but of course, there is the slight chance. I have been waiting since July 12th, which, in my book, isn't really that long of a time. Again, I am in no rush...just a little impatient...hehe. Later, i.

[quote name='mccorry']On my 6th week right now... car is due in next Monday... :D[/quote] DOH! Dealer called me today and said that my delivery is "delayed". Not sure what that means...but it can't be good. Delayed being built? Delayed being shipped? Delayed due to being sent to the wrong location? Argh!!!

*sigh* I finally ordered my GT this week. White wagon, 5mt, Ltd. I got about the same results when looking for this car - no white manual GTs anywhere. Now the waiting begins. I may do the flip-flop and take a black one if one comes in. The dealer currently has a black manual wagon, but it has quite a few miles on it. No telling how many clutch dumps and redline runs it's seen. sqrl b8

Archived