LegacyGT.com

Glass mounted aerial

Trumpy

Has anybody installed an aerial on the back window of a sedan successfully? Reason I ask is that the radio antenna is printed into the back window, and occupies the top section. I have just installed my UHF CB, and am looking for the best place to install the aerial (which is a glass mount by the way, very similar to a mobile phone car-kit aerial). My old car had a dedicated section where there was no demister or antenna printing, so i didnt have a problem. Just wondering whether anyone has a glass mounted phone or cb aerial mounted on the back window, and whether it affected the radio reception in any way. Thanks

Hi Adam, I tried running an internal aerial in my last car (Falcon) that also had a printed window antenna, as I thought it would spoil the look of the car. Unfortunately the level of signal was very poor, and I resorted to a glass mounted aerial that looks like a mobile phone one. It was a much neater solution than the typical truck style aerials a lot of people mount to boot lids etc. I have thought about putting the aerial on the front window, it just doesnt look right

Yes have to agree, this is a hard one to go with. I knew the reception wouldnt be as good in the boot but glad you have tried it at least. What about if you put it to one side on the parcel shelf at the back of the car, thats a little bit higher and may give you slightly better reception. Let us know what the outcome is, even though we already sort of know what you might have to do. Adam.

Archived