LegacyGT.com

New Swedish outback tested to the full today

The Websites and dealers here in Sweden are always playing catch up with their information, when it comes to subaru cars.

The people that own subarus here knows more about their cars and what is coming out next year before the dealers do, which I think is very funny ha ha ha.

If you call a dealer in the north and ask them a question about a Scooby and then call a dealer in the south, you will not get the same answer, so my advise to people buying Scoobys in Sweden is to do your own research.

From what I can see, It looks like the Scoobys here are not the same as the other Euro subaru cars, this is just like most things in and around Europe.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am glad the members of our Swedish contingent are having fun!

Are the Subarus popular over there?

Subaru has about 1% of the marketshare. Last year they sold 2958 cars!! Of which the Legacy sold 1796 cars. The Swedish car market sold 274 301 cars in 2005, Subarus aim is 5000 cars 2007 according to my dealer. This year they are concentrating to build a stronger dealer network. They have however market themself quite agressivly this fall. They also got a nice ad on TV of the legacy Spec B. I've mailed the importers to put the ad on their homepage so that one could download it and for everyone else to see.

I have yet to get a reply

Petmor and Erito:

Thank you so much for the replies. How do they market the Subies in Sweden? Are they marketing the outdoors/AWD advantage or do they stress performance?

Here in the US it is similar. In states that get lots of snow/ice/rain Subaru’s are very popular. I live in Colorado and AWD cars are more popular than their "mortal" counterparts. You see more Subaru’s than Honda/Toyota models.

It is interesting to me that in the past Subaru tended to market their cars as reliable and AWD/rugged. Now that they are offering HIGH performance cars they seem to be stumbling on the marketing end here.

The GT/XT version of the Legacy/Outback is a ROCKET. The Audi's, BMW's and Mercedes' have started to get out of my way or, I love this, pull behind me at light to avoid embarrassment! But, for the most part, Subaru doesn't push it that much in their marketing.

One other thing I will add about snow/ice driving. My 01 Outback with the 165HP 2.5 and the 4EAT was better in the snow than my 05 XT (250HP) with the 5MT.

BTW, you have a beautiful country and the people are wonderful!

Thanks for all the flattering. I guess we are who we are.

They market Subaru with a great hint to the rally cars since they are quite good there. Petter Solberg gets alot of covarage. They stress the 4 wheel drive(I can't believe that the US pickup trucks got patented "4 wheel drive"). They are quite expensive cars. My spec B costs like an Audi A4 3.2 Quattro. However then its quite stripped and who want's to buy a car without any really cool options. The only extra option that I got with my Spec B is metallic paint(of good quality mind you ;) )an extra electrical plug in the trunk and a handsfree for the mobile(cell for you)

SoldonSubie, thanx and where in Colorado do you live? I've visited Denver and some mountains around. Very nice place!

The weather gets more and more insane here right now... the snow is crashing down... temp -10 celcius and quite strong winds.

If you guys use google-earth maby you can set some bookmark for where you're located? :)

erito.JPG.b438b5a820b75f3736b6b7d923e82e0f.JPG

SoldonSubie, thanx and where in Colorado do you live? I've visited Denver and some mountains around. Very nice place!

The weather gets more and more insane here right now... the snow is crashing down... temp -10 celcius and quite strong winds.

If you guys use google-earth maby you can set some bookmark for where you're located? :)

From where the push-pin is located, it would appear you're living offshore in the Gulf of Bothnia! Water getting a bit cold this time of year?:lol: I live in Ohio, nowhere near as beautiful as Colorado or Sweden. But to make up for it, at least we have crummy roads and lousy weather:( .

skibum, almost true :) The water is a bit cold! My house is located on an island and there's about 50meters to the ocean. I could have zoom'ed in more, but i guess you guys wouldn't have a clue then ;)

40cm of fresh snow! I laughed all by myself in the car on my way to work this morning. // "Petter Solberg wannabee"

Good morning gentlemen with Scoobys, the forcast for the coming weedend is snow snow and more snow.

So this weekend looks like it is going to be more fun, I have spoken to some of my friends last night and we will all meet at an old airport runway to do what BOYS do best, play with our big boys toys.

If we all make it, there will be three scoobys to play with in the snow.

I am about 25 miles (40KM) at an elevation of 6,400 feet (1,950 meters). We got about 4 inches (10CM) of snow the other day.

Yes, I did find a metric converter using Google!

SoldonSubie, 40km in which direction? I went north from Denver to a place called Loveland. Great skiing! :)

This week has been awsome. 50cm of snow last days where i live, and a bit more to the south they got 100cm in two days :)

This morning i left my car at Lahega auto-care for them to make a paint-seal, glass-seal and interior treatment. Expensive, but i hope it is worth it and will help to keep my sweet Outback fresh long time.

ohh my Champagne Opal Outback looks good now :D

Changed my mind and went for AutoGlym Exclusive treatment instead of Lahega Toughguard. It also included interior and glass protection. The result looks and feels excellent. I'll try to take some pictures tomorrow before it gets too dirty again.

The real test will be how long it lasts... guaranteed 18 months, but after that it might need a new 'top-seal' treatment. We'll see....

I want it to look like this forever :D

Drawback=Everybody stares at it now...

Archived