LegacyGT.com

took a little road trip today--mpg...

Somebody might have said this already, but I wouldn't put too much faith in the trip computer. The one in my Maxima always reads optimistic. Fill up the tank and do the math, it's the only true and accurate way to know what you are getting.

[quote name='Austin2.5i']You're right, DriftMonkey. How much is the difference in the Lone Star State?[/quote] About the same, a bit less than 20 cents though. :P It makes little difference though...20 bucks or 24 bucks....at the end of the month...what would you have done with those couple of bucks?

[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='Austin2.5i']You're right, DriftMonkey. How much is the difference in the Lone Star State?[/quote] About the same, a bit less than 20 cents though. :P It makes little difference though...20 bucks or 24 bucks....at the end of the month...what would you have done with those couple of bucks?[/quote] Saved for my next performance mod! :)

[quote name='brady_bunch'][quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='Austin2.5i']You're right, DriftMonkey. How much is the difference in the Lone Star State?[/quote] About the same, a bit less than 20 cents though. :P It makes little difference though...20 bucks or 24 bucks....at the end of the month...what would you have done with those couple of bucks?[/quote] Saved for my next performance mod! :)[/quote] You're gonna be saving quite a while with those pennies every month... :P

• 5 years later...
just went on a 16 hour 1300 km road trip on friday through Nova Scotia. had 3 stops and one backroad for 130 kms, keep it on cruise control for 90 percent, cpu said i got 7.2/100. paid 90 bucks in total. got hit by same snow storm 3 different times. I love the subaru.

A lot of these mileage threads eh. I may not apply as I am NA, but driving on the little two lane highway here in Wine Country at about 65 mph, the display was reading 37.9 mpg when I finished my 30 mile trip. Can't complain.

edit: I've been tracking the optimistic trip computer to my hand calculated mpg as well, and it's about 1.3 mpg too optimistic on average so far. So I only got 36.6 mpg on my little trip.

• 2 years later...
In my 2.5i I usually get around 25-27 mpg city. On longer trips I generally see anywhere from 29-32 mpg depending on how the trip goes. The highest I saw the trip computer reach was 37.8 mpg over a 150 mile trip. The trip computer is the normal 2 mpg high so I wouldn't be surprised if I only got about 35 mpg. At the end of that tank I manually calculated mileage and it came to 34 mpg. Either way I'm happy with that.

I can get 29-30 mph going 55, no hills or downhill... I dont let gas mileage bother me with this car. After a few pulls the average goes down and never goes back up. :D If you baby it, it will treat you well. I dont think its bad for a 4-wheel-turbo'd-sludgebox(auto).

I can average about 20-22mpg, and depending on how hard I drive, around 240mi per tank. This is up from the 17-19 I was getting when I first got the car.

I seem to get better mileage in sport mode, though, I'm leary of staying in it all the time.

Archived