LegacyGT.com

Got an '06 finally. Good experience at Annapolis Subaru (Maryland)

lag

Some may recognize my screen name from over at NASIOC, but I've owned a '98 GT from '02 until about three hours ago. My '98 was kicking 155k and was starting to struggle a little to get there, so me being cold hearted just put her out to pasture **traded in**.

I knew exactly what I wanted and found the car over the net just by looking at dealerships in the area and somewhat excluded Russell Subaru due to a previous bad impression. I contacted them, Annapolis Subaru, threw e-mail and phone to verify they still had the car in stock. I got to the dealer and gave the car a going over, test drove it (I've test driven them before so I already knew the car and having have be researching and keeping up with user reports since they've been out so I felt confident with buying the car.) So we made the deal and just paperwork after that.

Am I a happy customer?? Yes

Am I glad I got another Scooby?? Absolutely

Would I recommend the Dealer for a new car buyer?? Yes

Did I feel the agent (John Westcott) I worked with was honest and up front?? Yes

Do I think I could have gotten a better deal elsewhere?? I can't say for sure, I believe I got a great deal.

The only thing I didn't like was that it was dark by the time we finished the paperwork. I don't like driving in the dark and it goes times 10 for driving a car that I'm not very familiar with. So I didn't really "get to know" my car better on the drive home. I was just more watching out for these "highly skilled" Maryland drivers.

So in short, I don't think I could be happier unless he gave me the car. But I'll update on my happiness once the payments start rolling out of my bank account ;^)

Great experience overall, I would buy from them again. I bought mine from Will Oles. They were really willing to work with the pricing, and weren't pushy at all. I'm positive that I couldn't get a better deal anywhere else.

I've had to take my car in for service a few times, and I've been extremely satisfied with that. John Morgan (service advisor) is really cool.

Might have bought from John, but he didnt return our calls - turns out he was sick for a week, and Naptown didnt have a Black LOB in stock anyway.

So he got back in touch after we had bought from Fitzgerald in Rockville.

But we're back at Annapolis Subie for service - leaky rear diff. We'll see how that goes.

BTW - what did you get?

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

I've heard good things about Anap. I went to Towson first and they basically ignored me (I'm 29 but look younger I guess) I went to Bel Air Pontiac to buy a reduced 04 GTO instead, and they were closed on a freaking saturday. So I drove to Bel Air subbie, walked in and told them the car and price I wanted. Sold!

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

I got my 05 from Annapolis and had a painless/good experience. I was ready to buy at Stohlman but didn't like the 200+ miles on the car. Since I wanted a specific model/color, red wagon 5spd manual non-limited, I only had a couple of choices in the Balt/Wash area. Annapolis had mine listed on the internet for a sale price of 24K with only 20 miles on the odometer. It had been sitting on the showroom floor for several months. Build date of 11/04 and I bought it in 05/05. Been great so far.

Sorry I didn't mention, I got a Brilant Silver GT 5M. Only options are the spoiler and auto dimming mirror. I've put 700 miles on it (had to see the parents this weekend [MD -> NC] and still need to go back to MD) and I can't get over how strong this thing pulls in every gear so long as you're in the right gear.

For referance to that statement: I've built a Chevy V8 (325hp) '85 Mazda Rx-7 (~2400lbs) and that thing is hell on wheels. On an average "light" 0-60 I can get a G-tech time of ~5.5 sec. on a bad dirty road. So that give you an idea of the power I'm used to. This legacy is prefect for me, power wise, for a daily driver.

My only complaint is that the clutch is VERY vauge. I told my passenger "don't be impressed by my driving, I'm just making good guesses so far". And I have to go threw check-points at work and I've stalled the car there twice.

Archived