LegacyGT.com

Potential Buyer

STiNGER

Great answers guys. I'm really liking the choice of going with the LGT. I'm now realizing how hard it is to find a GT with a manual that's used.

2006 LGT LTD 5MT Brilliant Silver

Cobb AP w/ TDC S2 protune

Crucial DP

K&N Filter

Cusco F&R Sways

Tein H-Techs

Cobb F&R Endlinks

Kartboy SS

Xtec HID 5000K

Very interesting offer about the spec b. What's the tax rate in TN? I think I'd actually give you my business, even on a LGT perhaps too. I have my own financing at 4.5% for 60 if that would be fine. I'll see what my options are around here, and I'll definitely keep you in mind; if you're really serious. If I chose to have it shipped, what are we talkin about roughly?

you will not pay state tax in TN if you purchase from us. You only pay tax on where you register the vehicle.

shipped would depend on where exactly I am going, if you want me to drive it to you or if you want it brought on a flatbed.

I can get you an LGT pretty easily if you are not up for the spec b or our demo black lgt. just give me a couple color choices and i will do a locate and see what I can find that I can get.

I disagree that the spec B will have the highest resale value. Most people believe they are overpriced now, and when you go to trade it they wont care about your red seats - I find a middle of the road (equip sake) is the best value to buy ...and sell.

As to your question. - Nissan motors are smoother without question. I would say nissan has more invested into things like the carpet (not indooor/outdoor type) seats etc. The Subaru is rare, and unique added to all wheel drive they are fun.

I would take a long test drive and then you can decide. It is a different car than the Z. This site is GREAT, but some people live for subaru and I am very open minded. My last car was a nissan. (05 gt - 01niss max - 98ford svt - 97 leg gt - 95 blazer - 93nissan sev6 - 92talon tsi awd -90 chevy - junk, and more junk)

Fair to say I 've tried(and traded) several over time - I am 32

Thanks for the advice crafty. While I think the spec B will hold its value as good if not better than a GT, I suspect it won't be by much. I think I'm gonna go for a well equiped new/used LGT. I just can't seem to find jack shit as far as used ones around here I just want a silver 5 speed. :)

Crucial DP

K&N Filter

Cusco F&R Sways

Tein H-Techs

Cobb F&R Endlinks

Kartboy SS

Xtec HID 5000K

I think the spec b will hold value better because it is a limited edition vehicle. the fact that they are a little more than another LGT limited isnt really that big of a deal since it has the navi where an LGT will have a sticker of $29500 - $31000 without navi and you can buy a SPec for be $32500ish with the better suspension, with the 18in wheels, navi, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone, this is my first post, and I hope you'll go easy on me. I'm a current 350z owner, and soon to be a non-350z owner. I've won a complete buyback of my 2003 Nissan 350z Enthusiast. I'm very happy, VERY. The car had lots of problems that wouldn't ever get fixed by the dealer. I've had the car at the dealer for 47 total days in just over 2 years. sigh!

OK, that being said, I'm very interested in the 05-06 LGT's, used or new. I have a few questions, that have probably been covered. I was hoping for some honest answers... TIA

1) Will I be experiencing a lot of small "issues" with this car? AKA build quality I know you'll all be answering from the vantage of loving your cars, but I can live with some small issues, that the dealer can possibly rectify.

2) In comparison to my Z's power and suspension, would a LGT "feel" as powerful, and perhaps handle close to it? Would a swap of the springs for something a bit more stiff be in order, and would that get the lateral grip close? I can tell you my z felt a whole lot quicker than how it looks on paper.

3) I'm in love with my HIDs, and want to convert any LGT I get. Any negatives to this, other than being technically illegal? Any quick and easy kits?

4) Will I miss my 6th gear, AKA can this car cruise comfortably at 80mph without eating gas? I averaged 32mpg at 70mph in the Z. I know that sounds crazy, but the Nissan VQ engine is very well built, and typically exceeds its numbers on paper.

5) My budget is 30k and under. I'd like to spend under 25, and I'd like a limited. I was reading the posts about the spec B.s coming down in price. Is getting that bad boy down to 31ish in the Pittsburgh area a dream? Generally what should an 06 LGT limited msrp'ing at 30k go for? 28? 25? I won't be trading in anything, but I will be putting down 10k; couldn this help me negotiate?

sorry about the newb questions, but these answers are going to basically be the weight that tips the scales either way. I forgot to mention, the other car being considerred is a new and/or used Infiniti G35 6MT. Manual is a MUST. Thanks guys!

Ok...I gotta chime in on this one, because I am a 350Z convert. I had a 2003 (one of the first on the block, so to speak) and I gotta tell you I loved that car for the first 3,000 miles. And then the tires started rumbling and the 2nd gear sychros started balking, and the front alignment went whacky, and some piece of mystery metal cut the window tint on the driver's door, and the brake rotors warped, etc. You get the picture. So...Traded the Z in on an LGT. More practical, AWD, Subie quality.

Top things I miss about 350Z:

1. Everywhere I went, people had good things to say about my car.

2. Terrific handling overall.

3. Stopped on a dime...Awesome brakes.

4. Held my head up high in the company parking lot with the big boys.

5. Solid, stiff chassis.

Top things I don't miss about Z:

1. Every time you look up, there is some kid in a Civic on your butt, regardless of where you are going and what the speed limit is in the area.

2. Car was not as fast as I thought it would be. Plenty of torque, but you had to row the gears hard to kick butt.

3. Quality = Ouch!

4. Nissan dealerships = Double Ouch!

5. Engine was rough as a piece of farm equipment at high RPM.

6. Every stop light was a drag race with every Hyundai, Windstar, etc.

7. Tacky, hard interior materials have passengers asking, "So you paid how much for this car?"

Top things I love about my 2005 LGT 5EAT:

1. Effortless acceleration. Granted, I changed out some pipes and have an AP...But even stock, the car seemed easier to get going fast than my 350Z, which always had my right arm rowing that graunchy 6spd box, and my left foot vibrating from driveline resonations through the clutch pedal.

2. Subie interior materials are a cut above.

3. Subie dealership treats me like they actually want to hold on to my service revenue.

4. I like the rush of a turbocharged car.

5. Interior is as tastefully backlit as an Audi at night (ok, not a big deal, but...)

6. Did I say I like the rush and whine of a turbocharger?

7. No one wants to race me at stoplights, and for the unsuspecting Mustang, evo, etc., they never knew what hit 'em.

Top things I don't love about LGT:

1. Transparent, doesn't make you feel as special as Z.

2. People at work still don't get the transition and automatically assume it was a cost cutting measure on my part.

3. Brakes are mediocre at best.

4. Body is not as stiff/solid as my 350Z.

5. Too much body roll.

That's really about it. I can honestly tell you that I like my LGT better after a year than I liked my 350Z after 6 months. Hope this is helpful.

Good luck.

Buy a left over 05 if you can. There are still a lot of them out there. I got an 05 LGT limited for $22,700 out the door. Car stickered for just over $30,000 and I got a short throw shifter with it that I still have to install. :icon_bigg

I did a huge search within a 200 mile radius of my home (Pittsburgh) and found many 05s left over in just about any color. I would be glad to help you find the car you're looking for.

GO STEELERS!

Thanks leggyman, that's exactly what I was expecting. I'm going to really miss the head turning style of the Z. I get looks and questions constantly, which I've grown to like (I guess I'm shallow). The Z is a homerun as far as unique style. I agree with almost everything you stated, except I found the VQ engine awesome. That was never the problem with mine, and I'm considering a Infiniti G35 just for that reason. Thanks for the insight. I guess with having a baby and needing practicality, the "look" of the Z is something I must sacrifice. Oh well...

Hey Turboman, thanks for the offer! Hells yes GO STEELERS. I'm so freaking psyched man! I am considering 05 left overs, I'm just still waiting for Nissan to pay me for my car. It's official but still a waiting game at this point. If there's an O5 that I can get for that, I'll jump on it. I really want to mod mine out of the box. Specifically with a Cobb tuning device, and springs. I really think I'll miss my handling. (oh and HID lights). I think the cost of an 05 will facilitate the extra cash being freed up for mods. Which I like! I would be looking for a Silver LGT Limited (perhaps non limited). Options wouldn't be to much of a sticking point at 05 prices, as I'll just order the damn options I'd be missing. I might get back to you shortly turboman! Thanks guys!

Crucial DP

K&N Filter

Cusco F&R Sways

Tein H-Techs

Cobb F&R Endlinks

Kartboy SS

Xtec HID 5000K

I test drove an 06 LGT Limited 5speed yesterday for the second time. I hate to say that I wasn't impressed with a few things. Build quality was excellent, as always, and everything "felt" really well. Acceleration was great, I think I'm hooked on turbos. It almost felt considerably faster than my Z, instead of comparable. The suspension was so-so, not very stiff and not very sporty in my opinion. I'm sure a spring modification would deal with that nicely. The one aspect I absolutely hated was braking. IT WAS HORRID. I can't believe it and I'm still bummed about it. I'm actually considering taking the car off my list because of it. I'm now investigating the STi. It sounds more like the car for me. I don't know, it seems like I'm modifying the LGT to be more like an STi.

Crucial DP

K&N Filter

Cusco F&R Sways

Tein H-Techs

Cobb F&R Endlinks

Kartboy SS

Xtec HID 5000K

STiNGER,

The stock brake pads do suck, especially compared to the Z's but don't let that one thing eliminate it from your list. The fix is in the $100-200 range with some aftermarket pads.

Then again, the STi could be a better fit.

I keed I keeed

Well I wasn't braking HARD. I was doing casual braking, so in fact I might be referring to brake "feel" more than ability. I do see the LGT comes in last place in almost every comparo I've read. To me they feel worse than my trucks, giving me no confidence. Again, I didn't track test this vehicle. This also ties into the handling. I'd like something closer to the Z. Are we talking about a $200 spring upgrade (work done by me), and new pads? I'm not changing my tires just to get good braking, doesn't make any sense to me.

Crucial DP

K&N Filter

Cusco F&R Sways

Tein H-Techs

Cobb F&R Endlinks

Kartboy SS

Xtec HID 5000K

STiNGER - Welcome to the site. Sounds like you're getting most of your questions answered. But, the main one, and the one which causes the Legacy to shine is, would you prefer 12 months of excellent traction or just 4 months?

Transplanted NW PA (Oil City) guy here and I remember well the weather changes there. Unless you go with a G35X, you're not going to come anywhere near the tractability that you'll have with the LGT. And while the G35 has the VQ powerplant, it also has a ton of excess flab, which will make it even harder to get around in the crappy weather (G35X being the possible exception - but at a price premium - and no MT)

WRT the brakes - upgrade the tires and you'll be delighted at the change. Upgrade the fluid and pads and you'll really feel the difference. The LGT brakes are pretty awesome and fade-free in their own stock configuration. And for the record, every Subaru that I've ever owned, the stock brakes have always felt soft and non-reponsive until I get used to their take-up. The STI Brembo setup can be added if you need that additional stopping power but out-of-the box, the LGT brakes work really well - just get used to them. My 92 Maxima SE had the best brake feel that I've ever had in a car, stock, but with minor changes, the LGT gets to that point very quickly without a major investment.

For me, if I were living where poor weather was the norm 80% of the year, I wouldn't consider anything but a Subaru. But then again, that's just my personal experience.

Again welcome and look forward to seeing the pics of your new LGT when your logical side finally gets a chance to talk to your enthusiast side. You'll find that the LGT is balanced from both sides of your brain. :)

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Subietonic, NICE man, go Steelers! I'm actually still on the fence, but yes, I do want year round traction around this miserable place :) I really like the idea of a "subaru" but I'm not sold on the LGT, as I hoped I would be. I'm considering a used STi instead. I'm weighing (used STi) vs (LGT w/ mods). Price is an issue, as well as performance and safety. Does anyone know if a spring kit makes the car handle dramatically better, and does it stress other components, maybe the AWD system? I know changing those designed angles may not be good. It seems to me the braking should be fine out-of-the-box on a new $30k car, but I guess I'm wrong. I'm disappointed more than anything, and I'm not afraid to modify things, but brakes scare me. Does everyone around here typically not like STi's? I think the g35x is out as of right now.

Crucial DP

K&N Filter

Cusco F&R Sways

Tein H-Techs

Cobb F&R Endlinks

Kartboy SS

Xtec HID 5000K

Hehe..I have a 2004 STI, 9,800 miles. :)

also selling my 2005 LGT limited, garnett red with tan interior, subwoofer/amplifier, auto dimming mirror, spoiler, tint, 5 speed, just over 10k. 2006 WRX wheels and tires with about 2000 miles on them, Cobb AP (at stage 1), also included would be Crucial up and shorty downpipes. I have a 3m clear bra available, but not installed.

Archived