LegacyGT.com

Adjustable Fonts

Hi, This is an excellent site, but the fonts are fixed and too small. They are difficult to read with my montors set at 1600X1200 (and no, it's not feasible to reset to a lower resolution.) Many forums have adjustable fonts - either by setting a user parameter or using fonts that the user can zoom on. For example, in the Edmunds forums, to zoom the fonts, you press and hold the <ctrl> key and scroll your mouse button. It works great to zoom in the fonts to a reasonable size. Please add the ability to zoom fonts or allow the user to select a larger font size to make reading easier. Regards, Dan.

[quote name='jedimaster']Opera is free, ya numbnuts![/quote] Taken from [url]www.opera.com:[/url] Buy Opera 7 for Windows * Surf ad free. When you pay and register Opera, the ad banner disappears. * Access to support. Receive e-mail responses quickly that answer your browser questions. * Opera Web Mail. Get your own Premium Web Mail account for 6 months with 25 MB of storage -- for free Price: USD 39 I'll take my ad-less Firefox thanks.

Guest *Jedimaster*
I know that- I don't even notice the banner anymore. It makes no difference to me at all. I do remember using Firefox for about 4 days until I missed my Opera and uninstalled that Firefox crap. Sooooooo- Opera>* :P

[quote name='Tide']What brower doesn't allow you to change the size smaller or larger in fonts? Just IE/PC and just this site?[/quote] IE/NT5 works, but why use IE anyway? Don't you have enough things to worry about already?

This Space For Rent

[quote name='brady_bunch']Hmmm. Not working with IE 6.0.2800 and XP (at home or at work).[/quote] Sure it does. go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Accessibility, check Ignore font sizes and styles, click OK and then Fonts, select Latin based (for English encoding) from the Lang. script pull-down menu, then select the fonts you like... anyway, you really should give mozilla a try (all true computer science/engineering scientists don't use IE and you should know why). I have never looked back ever since I got it few yrs ago and will never ever try others (I remain true to my first love... :P)...

This Space For Rent

[quote name='gt_ltd'] go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Accessibility, check Ignore font sizes and styles, click OK and then Fonts, select Latin based (for English encoding) from the Lang. script pull-down menu, then select the fonts you like... [/quote] That worked great! Many thanks and regards, Dan.

Archived