LegacyGT.com

Can you get more mph out of a gear if you are modded?

at that high of RPM you're torque converter should be at full lock up (i'd assume)

perhaps the difference in speeds you're seeing are also due to variance in speedometer accuracy (the difference between 105 and 101 is within that +-2% range of accurancy.

I was about to bring up speedo accuracy. Why do I get the sense that many people would be happier if their speedo read 10 MPH high?

The locking mechanism in the torque converter cannot handle a large amount of torque. So it's actually unlikely that it's locked at high speed, especially not at full throttle. Otherwise once above 5 MPH there'd be no reason to unlock the thing except to shift.

How about say 2nd gear at 7k? 250hp vs 500hp they both shift at 61 right?

adding hp and torque only gets you faster to redline.. the gears and tires is what defines your speed.. if both cars use the same tranny, the speed is the same.. the ACCELERATION would be different.

If you want more speed per gear for an easy fix, get larger tires.. if you want A LOT more speed, swap your 4.44 final drive with a WRX 3.91 tranny... hell, just get a WRX tranny with an upgraded clutch and flywheel.

Keefe

No.

Well, then precisely which range where you referring to when you said "about 62" and not simply "62"? Perhaps 61.7 to 62.2? Got an aftermarket digital speedo that reads in tenths?

The "about" tells me that you're not sure how fast your car goes in second now, but you've got a feeling that it is faster than the 60, which you are sure is precisely the top speed in that gear before, hence no "about 60."

This is like saying I know I was 5-9 yesterday, but because I'm about 5-10 today I must have grown.

Well I really doubt that they speedo is 10mph off. The only reason I know the speed was higher is I was at the track this summer and now I am tuning with TDC and doing redline 3rd gear pulls.

The log from tari wouldn't read as an error exactly as the speedo. The tari log said 101 and the speedo was at like ~100 (hard to look when you are about to hit limiter but needle was at 100)

I dunno

Guest *Jedimaster*
Well, then precisely which range where you referring to when you said "about 62" and not simply "62"? Perhaps 61.7 to 62.2? Got an aftermarket digital speedo that reads in tenths?

The "about" tells me that you're not sure how fast your car goes in second now, but you've got a feeling that it is faster than the 60, which you are sure is precisely the top speed in that gear before, hence no "about 60."

This is like saying I know I was 5-9 yesterday, but because I'm about 5-10 today I must have grown.

Settle down, Beavis. I mean it's between 61 and 62. And stop being a dick.

Yeah see if you can hit 104-105 in 3rd and you have more HP TQ then me and I am only hitting 101-102 then it must be a 5EAT thing

That is good new for us at the track then, we should be able to hold higher MPH in gears then and possibly cross the 1/4 mile in 3rd now.

Previously I was in 4th crossing the line @ 93 MPH

Maybe now I can cross screaming in 3rd at like 100

Your trap speed on your ticket is not your actual MPH crossing the traps. The timeslip trap speed is an average over the final 66 feet of the 1/4 mile.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Who's the one tossing names from junior high around?

I'm just confused as to why you're making a big deal about your speed at the redline going up by a single MPH. Ten MPH I can see the point, but one, maybe two?

Yo mama.

Archived