LegacyGT.com

Serious issue when car is in Reverse

Posted already in the drive train forum but I am going to move my Qs here since the car can be fixed at the dealershit under warranty.

I can engage 1-5 fine. I have noticed no problems cruising, accelerating, downshifting... etc...

The past few days I have noticed my car feels a bit sluggish or disconnected when in reverse. I don't know how to better describe it. I place it back into the R (it connects and engages fine) but instead of spooling up the momentum when letting it out, it now kind of gives small pushes back and the "reverse whine" that our cars makes is not there. The catch is very spotty and unsure of itself, and there is a grinding or mashing sound coming from the engine bay. I am really pissed off about this, and I don't know how this happened. I just recently came back from the dealership and noticied it thereafter... Additionally, I had two very good car buddies of mine listen in, and they definately noticed the sound. It is much more audible when standing outside versus when in the cockpit. One of them described it as a dragging or scratching sound.

I have a service appt scheduled for Monday, but I just wanted to see what you all think may be going on.

The car was purchased in May of 05, 11.6XX on the odometer. No drive train mods aside from 2 Cobb shift bushings that have been in place since I got the car. I do not abuse the car, drive it hard sometimes but nothing crazy that would constitute direct abuse.

HELP!!!! :(

PS - Thanks to Subitonic and forestir for their contributions.:)

Archived