LegacyGT.com

Factory Switches?

see_obxt

I have a 2006 OBXT. I want to disable the DRL but I want to run the wire to a switch. I'd also like to possibly run an extra set of lights. I've seen in other posts where they have used a general purpose switch but I'd like to get a switch for one of the two empty switch locations next to the rear defroster switch.

I went to Subaru last week and the parts manager said there was a possible switch and ordered it for me. I went in today and no switch. The parts guy there asked why I wanted to mess with the wiring and void the car's warranty. He didn't even want to bring up the parts screen and then when he did he said it was not possible, the car came with all the switches that could be used for the trim level.

It's just a switch... Anyone find a factory switch?

Thanks!

G'Day..

I would serioulsy go back and demand that they order the switch. Regardless if the SA thinks its a good idea or not, u are not asking him to install it. By the sounds of it u certainly know what u want and what you are doing so I would be demanding they order. If not, go higher in yr dealership. U dont want to kick up too much of a stink but they have no drama re ordering parts that u dont need/want but at the end of the day its yr OB.

Ada///M.

PS Unsure where u could buy OEM switches but maybe try one of our sponsors.

After doing some searching on the web, I did find that the switch block houses the defrost, HID and VDC if equiped, It's not like one can just add a switch.

https://www.1stsubaruparts.com/partscat.html You got to drill down a ways to find it.

But, it looks like the locations may still be used? Anyone try ?

There is no part number but it's:

5) W/o 3.0 liter sedan and vdc wagon W/o dynamic cntrl

I haven't taken it out yet. I was wondering if anyone else has tried using the empty location of the VDC or HID first.

Thanks!

Scott

Screen page:

p.{margin:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;} .mainCatNum{ color:white; font-size:10pt; border-right:1px solid black; background-color: Gray; } .mainCatText{ color:Black; font-size:10pt; background-color: #EEEEEE; } .notes{ color:Black; font-size:8pt; background-color: #FFFED9; } a.notes{ color:Blue; font-weight: Normal; font-style: Normal; font-size:8pt; } a.notes:hover{ color:Red; font-weight: Normal; font-style: Normal; font-size:8pt; } .radio{ font-size:8pt; background-color: transparent; } function chkForm(){ val = Trim(document.search.searchText.value); if( val.length == 0 ){ alert("Please enter in a search value"); return false; } } function Trim(x) { var theString = x; if (theString.length > 0) { if (theString.charAt(0) == ' ') { return Trim(theString.substring(1,theString.length)); } else if (theString.charAt(theString.length - 1) == ' ') { return Trim(theString.substring(0,(theString.length - 1))); } else return theString; } else return theString; }

Collision Catalog Instrument panel , Cluster and switches ,Switch ,W/o 3.0 liter sedan and vdc wagon 2006 Subaru Legacy/outback Air conditioner and heater Back glass Console Cooling Cowl Electrical Emission system Engine / transaxle Exhaust system Fender Front bumper Front door Front lamps Front suspension Fuel system Grille Hood Information labels Instrument panel Cluster and switches Cluster assy Fan switch Hazard switch Heater control Inner cover Lens Sun load sensor Switch W/3.0 liter sedan and vdc wagon W/o 3.0 liter sedan and vdc wagon Switch assy Wire harness Ducts Glove box Instrument panel Sound system Lift gate Pillars rocker and floor Quarter panel Radiator support Rear body and floor Rear bumper Rear door Rear lamps Rear suspension Restraint systems Roof Seats and tracks Steering column Steering gear and linkage Steering wheel Trunk lid Wheels Windshield

Keyword or Part Number

Please select a corresponding number from the illustration below to view the details of that part.1) W/o outback sedan vdc limited ll bean Air bag module2) legacy Manual trans3) legacy Manual trans4) legacy I sedan & wagon5) W/o 3.0 liter sedan and vdc wagon W/o dynamic cntrl6) Hazard switch7) Wire harness8) Heater control9) Fan switch10) Sun load sensorDescriptionYearMSRP PriceCore PriceYour PriceW/o dynamic cntrl 05-06 $28.68 $20.65 add-to-cart.gif help.gif W/dynamic cntrl 05-06 $53.12 $38.24 add-to-cart.gif help.gif 7523445.gif

[/url]

Archived