LegacyGT.com

Talked out of STI....and into a LGT!

BOXRPWR

not sure if this is the right forum....but thought I'd share a moment

Dropped by my local Subaru dealership today to pickup a couple oil filters, and when I was walking back to my ride, a salesman was helping a customer looking at an '06 STI. I wasn't planning to get involved, but the salesguy said something like, "or you could get a Legacy GT like that guy did." So I immediately said, "and you'll never regret it."

Suddenly the prospective buyer starts asking questions. I answer them. Basically I told him that I've had the car well over a year now and love it more each day than I did the day before. I guess he could tell that I was sincere because he asked about what Legacy sedan's were in stock.

Felt pretty good about it. The guy was "right" for a Legacy anyway. Probably in his mid to late 30's. The one person that seemed irked by what I had to say was the guy's son standing next to him (a pre-teenager). I could tell that I was messing with his future plans to drive daddy's STI.

I just made the same choice. I actually shook hands on a deal to buy an 06 STI, but realized it was a bit impractical and I didn't think I could deal with driving it to work and around my neighborhood, as well as on ski trips with my kids, so I switched to an 05 MT LGT Limited Wagon, soon to go stage II.

I had origianlly been looking at STi's, but once I saw how little room was in the back (I have 2 kids), I started looking at Legacy GT's. The local dealer ended up getting 3 '06 Spec B's, so I picked one of them up this past Saturday and I could not be happier.

Hey! What about us guys with both? I'm picking up a LGT LTD WGN on Tuesday, it's a leftover '05 with 12 miles on the odo. I had to search long and hard to find that puppy when I found out stick was not an option on the '06.

I'm not switching, just adding on :D I'm waiting to see what the next gen of the STI is like.

Oh, my post wasn't a response to yours specifically... :) I'm hoping that an attractive Legacy STi will be here in a couple years, which would allow me to change cars again (wishful thinking, I'm sure). :icon_bigg

OOPS! My mistake.

As far as cars go, we are hoping for the same thing. My dealer showed me a brochure on their upcoming Turbo/Hybrid, the concept looks like a next gen legacy wagon with 2 huge doors instead of 4.

I just made the same choice. I actually shook hands on a deal to buy an 06 STI, but realized it was a bit impractical and I didn't think I could deal with driving it to work and around my neighborhood, as well as on ski trips with my kids, so I switched to an 05 MT LGT Limited Wagon, soon to go stage II.

Way to go!!!

I do have a wagon also, and @ Stage I soon to be II heheheheh

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

I think it's just a matter of market demand. I seriously want an LGT STI, or STI Wagon, but the absolute #s of such a vehicle Subaru could sell (competing directly with M5s, S4s) are probably too limited to make it profitable.

Im tempted sometimes to trade for a STi but I think the LGT just fits me better. Im not as much as a performance driver as the STi would make me be to enjoy it. I very much like the comfort of the LGT. A little suspension tweaking probably will put me where I want to be.

Archived