LegacyGT.com

Cargo volume

Hi, I'm looking at the Outback 2005 brochure and it lists the following cargo volumes: 2.5i Ltd Wagon, 3.0R VDC, 2.5XT - 909l (seats up), 1747l (seats down) other wagons - 947l (seats up), 1874l (seats down). I've gone to a dealership, we looked at different models, measured, but couldn't find the difference... Does anybody know where/why 2.5XT loses space at the back? FYI: these are canadian models, but it should be similar in the US. Thanks.

This was my first guess too. Nope, ~30 inches floor to ceiling on both.... :-( The other option I'm guessing but couldn't really check are the leather seats... Not sure why this would affect the size of the trunk though... Based on the measurements the trunk is about 45 inches deep, 30 inches high and about 53 inches wide. I couldn't find the difference between the models....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Its the sunroof. Don't worry about it; the only time it'll really matter is if you have someone about 6' 7" in the back seat. If you measure where the sunroof slides into the roof (just behind the back seat) you would see a slight decrease in height relative to a non-sunroof equipped vehicle. All other dimensions will remain the same (width, length, opening size, etc.).

Archived