LegacyGT.com

HEATED SEATS....Back working, Butt isn't?

TLS

My car has 4 setting for the heated seats.

0 - Off

1 - Hot Potato

2 - No more kids

3 - Surface of the Sun!

4 - Nuclear Fusion

I agree, these things are way to hot.

Strange. My brand new 06 is the opposite... compared to my previous vehicle (grand cherokee overland) the heated seats in the LGT are barely warm. I was wondering if there was a fix to INCREASE the output.

Dealer says "Oh, they are working." when I asked if "is that as warm as they get?"

Anyone played with changing the regulator output somehow to adjust (be it up or down to your preference) the temperatures that the seat can output?

• 1 year later...

Has anyone ever attempted to replace the butt element on their own? Seat would have to come out, I wonder how hard it is from there?

My back is working, butt is not... Took it to the dealer, $422 parts and labor...

Parts alone is $100.

SOA said they'd pay 50% since I'm a new owner and it's just barely out of warranty, so $211 if I let the dealer fix it.

SOA said they'd pay 50% since I'm a new owner and it's just barely out of warranty, so $211 if I let the dealer fix it.

If your out of warranty and the dealer is gonna eat some of the cost, id just let them do it. If the parts $100 anyway, and they'll fix it for $211, IMO its worth the $111 in labor not to have to do it. Plus if it screws up after that, then they have to fix it again.

If your out of warranty and the dealer is gonna eat some of the cost, id just let them do it. If the parts $100 anyway, and they'll fix it for $211, IMO its worth the $111 in labor not to have to do it. Plus if it screws up after that, then they have to fix it again.

That's what I ended up doing.... anyone whose butt warmer isn't working may want to check out my thread here before leaving it. In a nutshell the heating element was pinched and arcing.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78297

• 10 months later...

Archived