LegacyGT.com

Ride & Drive Next Sat, OC Calif

MtnSub

Orange County CD/RT Ride n Drive is next week for Orange Cty Calif. My sixteen yr old son and I are signed up for 10 am. Hope we get a hot lap so he can see the difference between formal driving skills and youthful bravado. I am doing this just for my kid of course. Anyone else going to be out there? Hope we get the VIP buyers letter and Free Service coupon. Unless I really find something that really turns me off, I plan to place my order in September. Silver, GT/Ltd, short shifter, subw, armrest, auto dim mirror. Hope OZ has a 17/7.5 or 8, Supertourismo wheel with Leg offset to go with some khumo tires. Order September, build October, deliver November, "darn" (gtguy influence) that is a long way out. Sierra Subaru, in Monrovia CA has a GT/Ltd, silver, with short shifter on the lot doday, saw it with my own eyes. Do I really want to wait?

I got my coupon yesterday after going to the Ride and Drive in Inglewood, and it was only valid at Santa Monica Subaru- unfortunately... so your coupon might probably be valid only at Irvine. I'm going to e-mail the other dealers in a few weeks though and see if they could match the VIP pricing.

[quote name='bbvoxfan']I got my coupon yesterday after going to the Ride and Drive in Inglewood, and it was only valid at Santa Monica Subaru- unfortunately... so your coupon might probably be valid only at Irvine. I'm going to e-mail the other dealers in a few weeks though and see if they could match the VIP pricing.[/quote] Even if you are not crazy about Santa Monica generally, you are probably better off going with them than trying to find someone to match. SoA kicks them some $ for selling to you at invoice, whereas any other dealer won't get that. Without the kickback, and with Leg GTs being in demand at the moment, no other dealer will be very motivated to match. Also, SoA seems to take the VIP program seriously. I assigned Timmons as my VIP dealer. They are looking for a Black Leg GT, non-Ltd., with 5MT. Those are tough to find right now, so Timmons couldn't give me any ETA. I called SoA VIP to verify the lack of availability, they got involved, and as a result, I was told from Timmons that the SoA regional rep stepped in and diverted my car to Timmons on the next allocation. If I hadn't called and the Regional Rep hadn't helped out, I would be SOL on the next allocation. FYI, I checked with Irvine because I know they get a good selection of cars because of the volume they do, and they probably could have accessed a car to my specs (or close, give or take some options), but could not deliver on the invoice price unless I was able to get SoA VIP to change the dealer to Irvine.

To be honest, I drove my first Leg GT (BSM/5AT/Sedan) at Santa Monica and the salesguy, Vincent was nice and let me go all out on the car (which reinforces why I'll never buy a lot car with over 20 miles) :D . The other staff there weren't pushy, and were willing to answer my parents' questions about the Legacy and the WRX... My only problem is that their inventory seems quite meager, especially looking online seeing that they only have three Legacy GT Sedans and one wagon. I'm heartened though after hearing that SoA helped you get your car... did you go with the Wagon or the Sedan? I haven't seen a black Wagon yet (saw an Outback though- looked pretty nice) but if I decide to go with the sedan, I will definitely go with the black. [quote name='SC GT'][quote name='bbvoxfan']I got my coupon yesterday after going to the Ride and Drive in Inglewood, and it was only valid at Santa Monica Subaru- unfortunately... so your coupon might probably be valid only at Irvine. I'm going to e-mail the other dealers in a few weeks though and see if they could match the VIP pricing.[/quote] Even if you are not crazy about Santa Monica generally, you are probably better off going with them than trying to find someone to match. SoA kicks them some $ for selling to you at invoice, whereas any other dealer won't get that. Without the kickback, and with Leg GTs being in demand at the moment, no other dealer will be very motivated to match. Also, SoA seems to take the VIP program seriously. I assigned Timmons as my VIP dealer. They are looking for a Black Leg GT, non-Ltd., with 5MT. Those are tough to find right now, so Timmons couldn't give me any ETA. I called SoA VIP to verify the lack of availability, they got involved, and as a result, I was told from Timmons that the SoA regional rep stepped in and diverted my car to Timmons on the next allocation. If I hadn't called and the Regional Rep hadn't helped out, I would be SOL on the next allocation. FYI, I checked with Irvine because I know they get a good selection of cars because of the volume they do, and they probably could have accessed a car to my specs (or close, give or take some options), but could not deliver on the invoice price unless I was able to get SoA VIP to change the dealer to Irvine.[/quote]

Is Vincent a young guy? If he is, he might be the guy who let me test drive a Leg GT. He was busy with another customer, so he let me take it out solo. Like you, I'm making sure my new Leg has less than 10 miles on the odometer when I pick it up. Regarding their inventory, they've got a lot behind their main building where they have a lot of new cars parked. I always thought their inventory was small, too, until I saw that. It's not Irvine Subaru big, but it's bigger than I thought. I'm going with the sedan. We've already got a Highlander in the family, so we've got the utility angle covered.

I was there at the Hollywood Park drive. I did get the VIP letter in the but no free service coupon. I originally wanted to get a white GT wagon with 5 speed. Unfortunately, after the ride and drive event, the car felt bigger and heavier that I am use to (I use to drive an integra hatchback with suspension mods). I think it might have been a factor of the stock tires, but even the stock BMW felt more solid in the turns. Oh well, I ended up getting a STi uder the VIP program. Now I just need to find a way to make it look less boy racer. The dealership that is listed on the VIP letter is based on your adress. Mine listed South Coast Subaru, but Irvine was also ready to give me the deal. Have fun, Will

It's me bbvoxfan (I changed my username) I think you're thinking about Brandon... he's a guy around 21, skinny- dresses like a raver, Vincent is in his thirties, big guy, blond... When I went yesterday to look at the colors, Brandon gave me some brochures, a Subaru neckchain and entry forms to win a Legacy from KTLA or such... I've decided to go with the GRP Sedan non-LTD (unless they give me a good deal on the LTD in the showroom) [quote name='SC GT']Is Vincent a young guy? If he is, he might be the guy who let me test drive a Leg GT. He was busy with another customer, so he let me take it out solo. Like you, I'm making sure my new Leg has less than 10 miles on the odometer when I pick it up. Regarding their inventory, they've got a lot behind their main building where they have a lot of new cars parked. I always thought their inventory was small, too, until I saw that. It's not Irvine Subaru big, but it's bigger than I thought. I'm going with the sedan. We've already got a Highlander in the family, so we've got the utility angle covered.[/quote]

WOW, the event was really fun. I wish I had more track time though. I need to improve my skills. Same with my dad. Good stuff though. I taped with my camera one of the instructors hauling ass on the performance course. I have no place to upload it though...
-ben

Archived