LegacyGT.com

"Advanced user's manual" section?

Hey, Tide, Whaddya think about an "advanced user's manual" as a sticky thread or forum that only moderators can post in? They could take the summary of good information from some of the threads and post it in a general place organized by topic. The seatbell chime disable, removing the center console instructions, and removing the resonator instructions are good examples. I like the threads on this site but having some moderator-only handled threads means the information stays clean and folks don't post a bunch of questions or such cluttering up the actual information. Is that desireable and/or technically do-able?

I don't know if I would like the idea of moving whole threads... maybe just the pertinent "how-to" posts of the threads. The idea is to consolidate instructions on more of the advanced use, operation, and free-mod changes that can be made to the vehicle. I would recommend limiting the ability to add or update the threads to moderators so we don't have a lot of chatter in those threads. The thing that kicked off the idea for me was the seatbelt chime disable. That's something that I could see going in the "advanced user" type of owner's manual. Joe Schmoe probably wouldn't want to do it but most of the folks on this forum fit into the "advanced user" category and would try it. Please tell me I haven't missed some blatantly obvious part of the forums that already does this. :)

Archived