LegacyGT.com

Has anyone ordered the AVO double din bezel?

fweasel

http://www.avoturboworld.com/avoshop/images/300_doubledin001.jpg

There was some speculation a while back about different vent shapes between the JDM and US cars and whether or not this piece would work in our cars. Just wondering if someone has already tried it out before I order it.

ignore him, he'll go away.

I'd be tempted to order one, since my AMEX card will allow me to return any "non-returnable" item under about $350. I'm not exactly sure how it works since I've never tried it before. Does AVO take American Express? In any case, I don't have my LGT yet...just a piece of paper with a VIN scribbled on it.

It has been said before that this piece is asymmetrical, so it might fit, but there will be fitment issues. It's a lot of money for an ill-fitting part, especially considering that the info panel must be removed or relocated to the ashtray. You might be able to get a shop to do something custom that fits better for about the same $$

The info panel is an easy fix using the relocation piece from AVO. $260 isn't bad in my book considering it comes with mounting brackets as well. I am skilled enough to do my own installation and electrical work, but couldn't fab my way out of a cardbord box.

I'm curious if the panel itself has the same outter dimensions as the USDM piece and just the vent ducts themselves are in a different position. If that were the case, those ducts are long enough to be coerced and modified to fit without any viable trace of the hack job.

The problem is that its not going to fit.

its designed for RHD cars, which if you look closely, the side that goes towards the driver gets an extra slant

compare to a usdm lgt

http://www.edmunds.com/media/news/column/letterstoeditors/04.sept/05.subaru.legacy.gt.int.500.jpg

vs

http://www.subaru.co.jp/legacy/b4/interior/01/imgs/top.jpg

Just face it SOA hates us :)

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Thanks for the pics. I couldn't tell if the outside shape was indeed different. I always thought it was just the perspective of the photo. Okay, that means I'll be hackin up a USDM panel... oh, and clearing the structural steel brace too.

Thanks for the pics. I couldn't tell if the outside shape was indeed different. I always thought it was just the perspective of the photo. Okay, that means I'll be hackin up a USDM panel... oh, and clearing the structural steel brace too.

Steel? I thought it was just plastic. Are we talking about the same piece that needs to be removed to install the single-din cubby adapter AVO sells?

Steel? I thought it was just plastic. Are we talking about the same piece that needs to be removed to install the single-din cubby adapter AVO sells?

No worries with the steel when installing a single din HU. That AVO piece places the HU up high enough and at the right angle so that it clears the beam. Yes, you do need to cut plastic to allow sufficient depth.

This makes me wonder what the depth on the factory NAV is.

The factory NAV screen is stepped in back. Thin on the bottom half, thick on the top half. There's a picture of it in a demo rack in an old post somewhere.

The problem is that its not going to fit.

its designed for RHD cars, which if you look closely, the side that goes towards the driver gets an extra slant

compare to a usdm lgt

http://www.edmunds.com/media/news/column/letterstoeditors/04.sept/05.subaru.legacy.gt.int.500.jpg

vs

http://www.subaru.co.jp/legacy/b4/interior/01/imgs/top.jpg

Just face it SOA hates us :)

Just curious here, but, have you actually verified this? It just doesn't make any sense for AVO to sell a part that doesn't fit. I would think there would be a lot more complaints coming in. I would like to hear AVO's opinion on this as I've looked into buying one of these bezels myself, but won't if it absolutely will not fit right...........hmmm, now that I've taken a closer look at the picture, I see your point, but I still wonder why they would sell a part they know won't work.

Just curious here, but, have you actually verified this? It just doesn't make any sense for AVO to sell a part that doesn't fit. I would think there would be a lot more complaints coming in. I would like to hear AVO's opinion on this as I've looked into buying one of these bezels myself, but won't if it absolutely will not fit right...........hmmm, now that I've taken a closer look at the picture, I see your point, but I still wonder why they would sell a part they know won't work.

AVO sells stuff to people with RHD cars!

Archived