LegacyGT.com

My right pull is driving me crazy.

bwalton

yea... like i said, I think it has more to do with the fact that roads crest (whether you believe it or not) in the center.

Agreed. The road's crest will most likely send your car off in one direction or the other. I was just jumping all over the urban myth of the sleeping driver alignment and forgot to include some form of :) .

ignore him, he'll go away.

Ok I jacked my OB-XT wagon up this morning and looked at the front sub-frame so I have a rough idea on how to move it around to even out the caster between both wheels. 1) Jack the front end up and place good jack stands under the unibodies frame beams. 2) Make sure the jack stands are stable by walking around the car and pushing on the body from all different angles. Do not bypass this safety step because you do not want the car to slide off or tip over a jack stand when you are under the car pushing around the sub-frame or wrenching the bolts. 3) Remove the plastic undercover if you have a 2.5L turbo or an H6--2.5i models do not have this cover. 3) The sub-frames (4) mounting bolts are located behind the top of the wheels. The mounting bolt heads are big (16mm heads or larger) so they are probably torqued to at least 75 foot-pounds. Use a breaker bar to loosen the bolts. 4) Loosen the rear control arm bushing bolts. 5) Loosen the engine mount-sub-frame bolts. 6) Finally rotate-push the sub-frame around to even out your cross caster. 7) Torque all the bolts back to spec. and install the plastic undercover. Does anybody have a service manual with the torque specs? If so please post them on this thread. Remember the car will pull to the side with less caster, so maybe it is possible to loosen three of the sub-frames mounting bolts and then slightly loosed the forth bolt so it will act as a pivot in order to keep one end pinned while pushing or pulling on the other end. The dealer got about 0.75 degrees of caster adjustment out of this method on my car.

Just wanted to tack some info from my car onto this thread.

My car was pulling to the right since I bought it and I just (today) got it in to the dealer.

Looking at the alignment specs, the toe was way out of wack all around the car. Here's essentially what the wheels looked like:

/ /

\ \

The actual degrees were:

-.06 .36

.10 -.05

Camber was a little wacky too, but nothing all that bad.

So, short story is if your car is pulling, your alignment may very well be off. I've read a lot of other people on here with the same issue.

Archived