LegacyGT.com

Horn Replacement Issues on '18 Legacy (Base)

I am hoping you all may have some guidance on what may be the best approach to my situation. After getting cutoff twice yesterday and my stock horn not affecting the person cutting me off, I decided that it was time to upgrade my horn. I popped the hood and the 2018 Subaru Legacy base that I have only has one horn (low) on the passenger side. There's no high side horn on the drivers side. Every video and instruction I have found online has shown horns on both sides of the Legacy. Do some simply have the low horn only or is this randomly an issue with my car? 

IMG_1562.thumb.JPG.6c92e0effacc38e1e29c7f076e030796.JPGIMG_1563.thumb.JPG.5c84fe0977905a727be865783e545f3f.JPG

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, 18Legacy said:

... I popped the hood and the 2018 Subaru Legacy base that I have only has one horn (low) on the passenger side. There's no high side horn on the drivers side. ...

Can you see the other horn through the grille? That is where the high note horn was mounted on our Australian spec 2016 3.6R Liberty (Legacy) & 2019 3.6R Outback (it may be in a different spot on the US cars). See attached photo of the high note horn on our previous 2016 Liberty.

I replaced both horns with a pair of 12V 420Hz & 500Hz Bosch Windtone Fanfare horns (0 986 AH0 503) fed via a fuse, larger gauge wiring & a relay. They sound similar to the horns fitted to some BMW & Mercedes cars. Louder & more pleasant sounding than the factory fitted meep meep horns.

2016-Liberty-high-note-horn.thumb.JPG.7cb2dc0229c78c5dd7c39d62f6021147.JPG

Edited by XT-sub