LegacyGT.com

So I stop by Fry's tonight........

rosta

and end up leaving with 2 pairs of Polk db650's! The "buy one get another for 50% off" is still running.

My initial intent was to pick up some Hushmat and leave. Silly me had to poke around and saw the signage for the Polk's. I had planned on getting something for rearfill and use a pair of Nakamichi SP-65C's I had stowed away for many years. The Nak's are pretty deep (2.5") and probably would sound much better with a proper amp. Now that I have 2 pair of db650's and plan to use stock power supply until I sort out the other components, should I leave my Nak's boxed up until I can provide them with more juice or should I install them and sell the second pair of Polk's?

Looking forward to any and all words of wisdom.

Ross

I just installed a pair of db650s and a pair of the db570s in my son's car. Also an amp and a 10" Rockford Fosgate sub. The Polks run off a Pioneer unit and the sub off a 220 watt amp. I'm running the sub off one channel at 128 amp 2 ohm. The Polks are great even from a standard stereo amp. They will fit my OBXT but I believe you need a 1/2" spacer in the fronts.

install will take place this weekend. i think i'm going with the "rip the o.e. speakers apart and use them as spacers" route. i reserve the right to change my mind once the panels are off and i can see what i'm in for.

i'm probably more concerned with the hushmat. based on the "Sound Deadening FAQ ",i only bought 4 sq ft of material. i figured that should be enough to cover the 20-30% of the front doors. we'll see but it seems others have gone with the 80% coverage technique. i suppose it's just deeper pockets.

Have you installed these yet?

How do they sound?

Did you need to use a spacer?

Archived