LegacyGT.com

Passenger Side Door Courtesy Light not working - not the bulb - Potential Fuse?

Anyone else have issues with their courtesy light on the pasesnger side door?  I tested the bulb on the driver side and the bulb works.  I'm not sure what is causing this not to work as I checked fuse 16 which lines up with illumination but it isn't blown.  Does it make sense for one fuse to support the driver side and 1 fuse to support passenger side courtesy light?  I feel that something is wrong with the assembly for the passenger side but wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue.  

Guessing it's not getting power to the bulb socket if the bulb is good? Have you verified this with a multi-meter? You'll need to trace the circuit back and see where power (or ground) is being lost (after checking fuses first).  I'd pay close attention to where the harness passes from the body into the door through the rubber cable guide and any connectors along the way.

• Like 1

Hey! Thanks for your perspective.

I have yet to verify with a multi-meter and definitely should do that.  I did check a few fuses but not sure which fuse would line up to the passenger side door light.  Do you have any idea which one you would check?

I did check fuse 16 "illumination" and fuse 19 "headlight rightside relay"