LegacyGT.com

Climate control set to feet only....

BadAndy

When I set the climate control (not on Auto) to blow air to feet only, it works like the defog and feet setting. I have to turn the fan up a few notches to feel any heat on my feet but my face is getting blasted. It only started a week or so ago and can't figure out what happened to cause it...

Have you done any modifications to your car that involved the panel under the driver's side dash?

That bottom piece has a vent pieve that connects to the center air distribution location.

When I had my remote starter installed they got it all screwed up and I called them to ask them about it and they tried to blame it on my Stereo install (even though it had been installed for months without a problem)

I have even found that Suabru Techs aren't quite familiar with out cars yet in this area.

If you want to take a look there are three pop-its (two of the phillips screw type, one pull out), and I think 2 screws.

once you get it down, ( there will be some wires holding it still don't get carried away) on the panel itself you will see a black box covered with the white insulation stuff. Thats the vent connector.

The vent connector connects to the right side behind the HVAC and Radio controls. you will see the big opening make sure that it is free from blockage.

Turn your heat on and see if air is coming from that orifice appropriately. If so reconnect and it should all work out.

If not there may be a mechanical/ electrical issue with the diverters further down stream.

Good Luck

Iggy

Archived