LegacyGT.com

Scanner for BCM

My keyless entry system is on the fritz, and the FSM says to scan for  a B0500 code.  My Launch CRP123 has the latest Subaru definitions, but it doesn't appear to have support for BCM codes.  Can anyone recommend an inexpensive scanner that will support this module?  An Android app would be preferable.

Doubt your going to pull Body Control Module codes with any "cheap" scanner.  Generally you would want a SSMII to read them.  IIrc my $5k+ Modis read them with an upgrade.  There is a reason for this.  Technically you need a lock smith license to access the BCM, if anyone could do it your Subaru would be a Hyundai waiting to be stolen. 

• Like 1

I just received a ThinkDiag Bluetooth scanner, which is an amazingly full-featured tool for under $100.  It hooked right up to the BIU and pulled an old B1101 code, but no B0500.  The ThinkDiag was able to operate the door locks and various other functions through the BIU, and it has the capability to enable/disable the keyless buzzer and register fobs.  It was unable to contact the keyless entry module.  At this point, once I verify power and ground to the keyless entry module, I feel pretty comfortable firing the parts cannon and picking up a used keyless entry module from eBay.

As a side note, the ThinkDiag acts like it has immobilizer support for this car as well, but I didn't go too far down that menu.  Don't want to break that...

Edited by relative4
  • Like 2