LegacyGT.com

Wanted - RacerX charge pipe for 2012

Some WRX parts fit with some added work involved. I use the word "fit" lightly.  With certain parts what needs to be done to make them "fit" completely eliminates any gain the part was supposed to provide. 

Its an EJ255, its not supposed to climb to 8000rpm.  No, they do not breathe well and cams wont fix that.  Its the design of the engine itself.  Boxers are used in aircraft. 

The 5th gen is also blessed with the craptastic cable shifting 6MT from the Euro diesel.  The car has so much going against it from the factory in terms of being a performance sedan.  I was thoroughly disappointed and depressed with the release of the 5th gen.  After the 4th gen Subaru should have changed the name of the car to "Love Boat".  🤣

Looking at the tune from the dyno shop, it's at slightly (very slightly) under 300whp. 

She's not gonna be a race car. I'd like to target 350-375whp if possible.  Without a LOT of work, it might not get there.

I'd like to toss the 6MT for the STI box, but that's a whole 'nother headache.

Maybe I should just drive it. But at my age, this is my last fast car.

True 350-375awhp will take money.  It will also decrease what little reliability the car has.  It will be even more expensive with the 5th gen than a WRX/STi or 4th gen LGT. 

I have been sitting on the fence for about the past year now trying to decide if I am going to make the plunge and build 1 more LGT.  I too might have just one more chance left unless I win the lottery and end up an 80year old with a Vette.  At 50 I still have a 10 year old and she constantly needs upgrades too, lol.  I keep looking at cars and then thinking about the amount of work it will take me and (being honest with myself) the true cost of building and maintaining the car.  So far all I have done is invest in a Sim Rig and I am about to drop another $2500 into that to upgrade my "ecosystem" to Fanatec.  So....  maybe the virtual car is really my last. 

Edited by m sprank

HEY! We have something in common!

I'm 58, my daughter just turned 16, and I do flight sims.  DCS 'coz of my F-16 systems experience.  Sold my full-size 737-700 sim two years ago.

Edited by kattz

Its my second rig in a year, should be my last being extruded aluminum (its a Lego).  Pic of my most recent "upgrade" (yes you can sip that beer and race).  Just as addictive as the real thing as far as competition.  Wish it came with the adrenaline rush of perceived death. 

20230808_132108.jpg

Edited by m sprank