LegacyGT.com

My KSport spring change from 7kg to 6kg

GTCanada

I swapped out the original 7kg springs for 6kg. I found the 7kg too stiff for daily life. I have only had the 6kg in for 2 days, and the Holidays are limiting my drive time, but initial impressions (with the dampers at 50% of max stiffness) are that the 6kg are a much better setup for me with less impact harshness and bounciness over poor asphalt. The 7kgs didn't have enough compliance for hard cornering in bumpy turns. The 6kgs are much better.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

^ soft ride? I run with 8/6 and I will be going to a set of 12/10 or 14/12 for my Zeals.. and 8/6 isnt bad at all for daily driving.. well, not on the Zeals anyways..

I havent messed around enough with the Ksports to know where the sweet spot is for those coilovers.. too bad I can't have a shootout with GPMoto, Tein, Blitz, HKS, Zeal, Ksport, Bilstein, and even STi's version and just go for a drive in all of them to see which one out performs which in different categories such as:

ride compliance

maximum g-force

usable range of adjustments

control quality

track time performance

Keefe

Keefe If you are ever up by me or me down by you... your more than welcome to try my GPmoto setup.

Im gonna try to make the NASIOC tail of the dragon meet this year. Unless we get enough intrest here to start our own meet.

Archived