LegacyGT.com

First '05 GT I've seen on eBay

And it's listed as used (510 miles). Either someone didn't like it or the financing fell through and it's a repo, I guess. Can't say after 510 miles I wanted to trade mine in on something else -- actually, I just wanted to get to 1,000 miles so I could turn it loose!

I'm hoping for a slightly used one when I'm ready to buy in December. If there's a demo on eBay now, I'm sure to find one when I'm ready to buy. As for the car being on eBay, lots of dealers sell a few their cars on eBay once in a while. I must say though...having never seen the interior of a '05 Legend...it looks rather unimpressive. That says NOTHING about the way it drives, though :) The rear legroom also looks somewhat poor. Is the Legacy a lot smaller than, say, a 4 door accord?

The rear legroom in the legacy is a lot smaller than the accord. I don't remember the exact numbers, something like a few inches, but it is smaller. I don't plan on sitting back there and if we have more than one person to take somewhere (besides the baby) we'll probably just take our Pilot. Anyways, the TSX (European Accord) had similar legroom while the TL had a lot more. I think the Accord is similar size to the TL?

MarkyD, it's about the size of a TSX. Why not just go by Big Red Sports and check one out? The interior looks much more impressive with leather, but the center stack is a bit plain jane. It's all much better in person though.

[quote name='PPower']MarkyD, it's about the size of a TSX. Why not just go by Big Red Sports and check one out? The interior looks much more impressive with leather, but the center stack is a bit plain jane. It's all much better in person though.[/quote] Cool. Thanks for the reply. To be honest, I have gotten into the car to go to Big Red several times, and each time got cold feet. We've been saving for a car for a while, and know we don't want to buy until December. That's when we'll have met our goal for a down payment on this car. I'm afraid that if I drive it, I'm going to buy it on the spot! I guess I can take the Mrs. with me to keep me in check ;) Thanks for the info. I need to go down there and just let them know i am NOT ready to buy, but want to check it out.

One of the dealers I've been talking to has an '05 demo with 2,000 miles on it. So if they are out there now, I'm sure you can find one when you are ready. Of course, this dealer wasn't really willing to move too much on the car.

Oops, my mistake. Should have read the entire listing and noticed it said it was a demo. By the by, rule of thumb is to negotiate a discount of 10-15¢ a mile for demo units, according to experts on Edmunds. Frankly, with brand new Legacys available at invoice or close to it in most areas, I wouldn't gamble on a demo (might or might not have been kept under 4k rpm during the break-in period) unless the demo was a screaming deal.

Actually, you could NOT takes the wifey so that you don't buy the car. She'll be needed on the credit app jointly won't she? Being up front with the sales person is the best way to go. They may try to probe you to see if they can get around your desire to wait, but nothing can happen in full until your wife is there to sign on the dotted line as well. For the record, I've never been to Big Red to see what the atmosphere is like there. I guess Travis Subaru folded in the last year or so.

[quote name='DSattler'] I wouldn't gamble on a demo (might or might not have been kept under 4k rpm during the break-in period) unless the demo was a screaming deal.[/quote] When I test drove I redlined it with the engine cold, and the sales guy didn't care either. I insisted on getting one off the truck.

[quote name='Deer Killer'][quote name='DSattler'] I wouldn't gamble on a demo (might or might not have been kept under 4k rpm during the break-in period) unless the demo was a screaming deal.[/quote] When I test drove I redlined it with the engine cold, and the sales guy didn't care either. I insisted on getting one off the truck.[/quote] Ouch! This is why I always order my cars.

[quote name='moriarty']Actually, if you look closely, it says Demo. Still not sure why they are selling on eBay, unless that's just part of their sales model. Maybe somebody can get a deal.[/quote] Free advertising! And often times people pay just as much if not more for products on ebay, thinking they are getting a great deal. The fact it's also starting so cheap and they wouldn't list the VIN # raises huge red flags too. It was probably trashed in a very short period of time.

[quote name='MarkyD']Interesting comments about the dealer demos. It's really crappy that you only deduct 10-15 cents per mile for a demo unit. Seems really low...Especially considering the risk that the Demos were abused.[/quote] Yeah, its pretty crappy that a car with 1500 "demo" miles on it will only sell for a few hundred dollars less than a regular lot or ordered car. Especially when as soon as a buyer drives their new car off the lot, it depreciates by 5 times that amount. Such is the life of buying new cars though, and I'm sure the $500 savings on the car will be snatched up by someone.

The VIN's there: 4S3BL686945207045- I wouldn't buy that car unless they were actually selling it for $18k though... [quote name='Driver72'][quote name='moriarty']Actually, if you look closely, it says Demo. Still not sure why they are selling on eBay, unless that's just part of their sales model. Maybe somebody can get a deal.[/quote] Free advertising! And often times people pay just as much if not more for products on ebay, thinking they are getting a great deal. The fact it's also starting so cheap and they wouldn't list the VIN # raises huge red flags too. It was probably trashed in a very short period of time.[/quote]

Archived