LegacyGT.com

What's my ideal suspension set-up?

fweasel

I've been reading through many posts about the different springs, struts, and coilover options available for the LGT. I'm having trouble putting it all together though. I want a slightly stiffer ride (improved handling, but still a nice ride on Chicago roads) and a small drop to decrease the wheel gap with the stock 17" wheels.

I think I've decided on the USDM SpecB Bilstein struts, but am still undecided on the springs. It looks like the pinks offer the least amount of drop (15mm)for a spring only slightly stiffer than OEM. Are there different pink spring part numbers (i.e. SpecB vs. LGT)? Thanks in advance for any advice.

ignore him, he'll go away.

There are different pink springs: sedan/wagon, AT/MT, GT/SpecB.

I have the JDM GT struts/springs, which ended up dropping it a bit. Its about the same as the USDM GT struts with ions. They’re very comfortable, same as stock really, with less body roll.

If I were to do it again, I’d probably get SpecB’s with SpecB springs. Little stiffer than JDM GT’s with the same drop. There’s something to be said for ground clearance (driving through snow, no scraping on curbs, road debris, etc.)

If you can find some good take off JDM SpecB’s they’ll be much cheaper than buying new USDM SpecB’s.

you might want to talk to Racecomp Engineering since they have that info handy.. I dont recall posting any of that information for that spring, only the older ones along with other STi pink springs for comparison.. usually Racecomp gives me the information and I just post here and share with all of you. So far I haven't got the chance to look at a spec sheet for the Spec B version.
Keefe

Archived