LegacyGT.com

Anybody use/heard of Velox Performance wheels?

Driver72

Was searching around and came upon these wheels (hopefully it will post the site): [img]http://www.veloxperformance.com/Images_U/rev10-silver500.jpg[/img] Anyway, these wheels look pretty great. They are 17x7 and weigh an unbelievable 11.5 pounds each. They have a load rating of 690. Is that okay? What's the load rating of the stock wheels? Thanks

I can't actually get any details on their products through their site. They do have some nice looking wheels, but until I've seen more data, I'd be very cautious. 690lb load rating won't be enough, at least that design. Might be fine for a little VW Rabbit or something, but 690x4= 2760lbs. Not nearly enough, then throw in cornering forces! They might be light, but not strong enough for the Subaru's. If more data was available, particularly on their manufacturing techniques, they might get at least a single look from me. Couple nice designs: [img]http://www.veloxperformance.com/Images_U/ZETA%20K-bronze150.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.veloxperformance.com/Images_U/ZETA%208-bronze150.jpg[/img]

Velox PG series are the light ones.. I think they are HIGH (10-ton press vs. typical 8-ton) pressure casting still.. and for the money, they are comparitive to SSR Competitions.. the weight is fairly good for what they are.. 690kg is typical weight limit. Stock loading weight is about the same. I think SSRs Comps come 1/2" wider and have the same weight. SSRs are also made better than Velox by a hybrid casting system. Velox have some light rims, but double check your tire sizing to match the wheel width. Sube555, you forgot that the tire shares the load.. hence the tire pressure load weight (varies with tire sizing and manufacturer). Most aftermarket rims are measured in kg, not lbs. So the math is really 690kg x 2.2lbs/kg x 4 rims = 6072 lbs. Keefe
Keefe

Thanks guys, and keefe. I'll look into the SSR Comps. too. I'm also amazed by how few manufacturers list the weight of their wheels on their sites. Most probably don't because they know if they make heavy wheels, people might look elsewhere. If consumers don't know the weight, they might not even bother to ask.

Well if it's kg, then it make a lot more sense Xenonk. Wonder why a company would otherwise make a wheel that would be so underrated but in so many styles. Forgot about the tire aspect also. I was thinking each had to be able to carry the same load. My bad. Just rarely see too many wheels list their load ratings, at least on cars where not too many people load their vehicles that much. That is unless you have a Jetta, Home Depot, and a camera. ;)

[quote name='SUBE555']Well if it's kg, then it make a lot more sense Xenonk. Wonder why a company would otherwise make a wheel that would be so underrated but in so many styles. Forgot about the tire aspect also. I was thinking each had to be able to carry the same load. My bad. Just rarely see too many wheels list their load ratings, at least on cars where not too many people load their vehicles that much. That is unless you have a Jetta, Home Depot, and a camera. ;)[/quote] Puts a new meaning to two-wheeled-drive! :P
-ben

Archived