LegacyGT.com

Any non-05 GT owners be willing...

Driver72

to buy the wheels and tires from a brand new 05 Legacy GT? I'll probably keep the stock wheels and tires on the car until the 1000 mile break in period is over, but then might want to go with aftermarket. Would anybody with a 2.5i or older/different Subaru want to buy the 05 LGT wheels/tires? What do you guys think would be a good price?

Driver 72, I'd be interested. I have a swap of my P1s for some stockers pending, but I'm thinking ahead, in case the person I'm swapping with gets the car and says "Heyyyy, these stock wheels are NICE!" :lol: A set was just sold for $500, which struck me as being on the low side, frankly. More like $700 would be more like it, I think. Kevin

I agree, I wouldn't sell a set of stock 05 LGT wheels and tires with basically 1000 miles on them for $500. I was thinking of asking $250 each and taking $750-800 best. I am also thinking ahead. I just ordered my car two days ago and it's in this allocation. The rep said I should have it in about 4 weeks. So it might be a couple months before I get the car and get 1000 mile break in on them. I'd consider selling the wheels/tires earlier, it's just i'd like to get an idea of how the stockers feel and that way I can compare the aftermarket wheels/tires. Let me know if that would work for you, or if you are looking to get them in the next couple weeks.

[quote name='Driver72']So $800 would be a more than fair price for the wheels AND the tires, yes?[/quote] $800 is a more than fair asking price. Whether you'll get it, who knows. But it's easier to drop your price mid-stream than to raise it.

Most people would be looking at them just for the wheels. I know I would. Those RE92's would be off like a prom dress! :lol: SCGT is correct, start at a fair price, if they don't go in your desired amount of time, then slowly lower it. That's what we did with my sisters car. (Woohoo, new owners are taking delivery today.)

Yeah, but you average everyday Subaru driver would be more than happy with the RE92's. Even 95% of the owners who buy new 05 Legacy 2.5i If they wanted a sportier look and liked the 05 LGT stock wheels, the RE92's would be perfectly fine for them. If they wanted sportier tires, they should of thought of getting the sportier model CAR first. Heck, the RE-92's would probably be fine for nearly 50% of the LGT owners. Great, if $800 is fair, I'll ask $900 and go from there. When the time comes, I'll post them for sale. Thanks

Archived