LegacyGT.com

P0852 - Park/Neutral Switch for 5eat

jonnyt88

I have been getting a CEL P0852 on my 08 Outback XT, 5EAT.  Comes on occasionally, maybe every 200 mi?   I can't find any posts/troubleshooting/or even a neutral safety switch part for a 5eat.

Is this code/part for M/T only?   Will the 5eat even have one?

Also worth noting.   I tested a Cobb AP on my car and it thinks my car is a 5MT.  I verified the ECU is from the 5EAT.  One theory was someone used open source and tossed on a 5MT tune.  I just got my tatrix cable, but haven't had time to play yet.  This could also help reinforce the theory.  The referenced posts talks about needing a different tune from 05 ->06 transmission swap because the sensor was different. 

Yes, your 5EAT has a NSS.  Code is for both MT and AT.  Different years and different trans use different switches, I believe Rick posted about this previously.  If your ECM is not matching your car, sounds like someone dumped an opensource tune into it using the incorrect base. 

2 hours ago, m sprank said:

Yes, your 5EAT has a NSS.  Code is for both MT and AT.  Different years and different trans use different switches, I believe Rick posted about this previously.  If your ECM is not matching your car, sounds like someone dumped an opensource tune into it using the incorrect base. 

Cool Thanks.   I'll get a tune on first and see if the code keeps popping back.  I just got my tatrix cable, but need to take an evening to setup and learn RR.   Its actually been sunny in Central NY the last several days.