LegacyGT.com

Help with 5x114.3 conversion 4th gen

Hello, i ve been reading the forum on about how to change from 5x100 to 5x114.3. So far got kinda lost. I have to get sti front hubs and tribeca for the rear?

My reason is that i where i live there are almost no 5x100 bbs wheels and currently i have some 5x114 2005 sti wheels. I have some 25mm inch adapters 5x100 to 5x114 but i think if i can just swap hubs from an sti id rather do that.

I wish to know if i can just swap the hubs of an sti( which year?) And just plug and play to 5x114.3 both front and rear.

A list of parts with year would be lovely thanks.

You would need a hub adapter or a few other parts swapped (I believe the knuckles, entire brake set, and axles and rear diff?). This is a common conundrum during 6-speed swaps. Using almost any STi transmission creates this conversion as a requirement. You're gonna be paying out the ass for STi brakes, more likely than not. It isn't worth it. 

9 hours ago, Pleides said:

You would need a hub adapter or a few other parts swapped (I believe the knuckles, entire brake set, and axles and rear diff?). This is a common conundrum during 6-speed swaps. Using almost any STi transmission creates this conversion as a requirement. You're gonna be paying out the ass for STi brakes, more likely than not. It isn't worth it. 

I can tell you right now if you want STI brakes, it is going to cost you. If you do it yourself including buying a decent set of working Brembo's, that the bolts are not stripped, new rotors, brake adapters, parking brake adapters, Break lines for STI swap, and rear 190mm drum kit, I will guess it will be:

1700 (Might be working good, and need rebuilt) - F&R

900 - Rotors/pads

Brackets - 500

Total - 3100 -3700

Now I did it the correct way. I saved up for about a year and a half knowing it was not going to be cheap. I am also a part dealer and get my stuff about 45% off. I also did not want to cut corners and wanted to pay my shop to do it.

Its is costing me about 2500 or less, that is including 750 of labor, and they refreshed my calipers to make sure they are in good condition. This includes everything, New DBA slotted, Hawk pads, STI conversion steel braided lines, Rear brake show adapters to run STI rotors, ISC suspension 5x100 spacers to clear wheels and so on to bolt the calipers on to the car with ease.

My 18x8s will clear them, but my 17x8 inch Enkie's TS-5s might not. 

• Thanks 1