LegacyGT.com

How to create a "would you rather" powerpoint.....

GearJamr

I'd like to create a "would you rather" type power point package for my wife.  With the kids leaving the house in the next couple of years to pursue post-secondary education, we are done saving for them and will have much more disposable income.  I would like to pick up a "toy" car and I would like to present my good half with multiple options to see what she might also enjoy.

So, does anyone know a quick and easy way to create this sort of thing in power point (or some other easily accessible software package)?

I have found ways to make quizzes and multiple choice, but I'd like to present 2 options to start, then after selection it moves to another slide with the first selection and presents another option, after which a selection is made and moves to another slide with a new option and repeats until an end is reached.

Sure, you can create that in PowerPoint.

Create all the possible options as individual slides.

Create two shapes with text that will be "buttons" (you can do this in many ways, just depends on your preferences).

Right-click on the shapes and choose "Link".

Then choose "within this document" and pick the slide you made that would be next if that option was selected.

I whipped up a demo for you.

LifeChoices-DecisionTree.pptx

Let me know if that helps or not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I could do that.....

I wouldn't say my wife is "into" cars, but she also said before we got married "no SUVs or minivans".  Damn near proposed on the spot.

I pretty much know what I would like to get, but thought it would be a fun way to convince her to see my way.

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

F the power points. just do it.

we retired. since then we have bought/sold 25 vehicles. Maybe more. 3 trailers, a motor home. 8 suv/pickups. a bunch of lgt. and misc other things.

My wife couldn't decide between tent or rv. 4 years later, it turns out she wanted to live in an old people's trailer park.

There's no power point that would have led to a toyota gr86 and a trailer in Phoenix, AZ. 

ymmv. my life overflows with drama.

I hope your decision tree works out better