LegacyGT.com

How to: Infamous Performance Filtered Turbo OIl Supply Line - 5th Gen LGT mod

Members sell used (and sometimes unused) filtered oil line kits still.  They were originally designed and marketed to the 4th gen LGT crowd.  But, I was able to install them on 5th gen LGT's as well.  Just in case here are the install pix if anyone is still interested.

Turbo_OLFK0.jpg

Turbo_OLFK1.jpg

Turbo_OLFK2.jpg

Turbo_OLFK3.jpg

Turbo_OLFK4.jpg

Turbo_OLFK5.jpg

Turbo_OLFK6.jpg

Turbo_OLFK7.jpg

Turbo_OLFK8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are misinformed.  People have been removing the screens from the OEM turbo banjo bolts for over 15 years.  But, several aftermarket turbo manufactures demand filtered oil to be supplied or the warranty is void.  That is why back in 2010 I developed the first LGT specific filtered turbo oil supply line with a serviceable filter.  The kit was sold in two versions over the years and the V2 went out of production around 2018. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, m sprank said:

You are misinformed.  People have been removing the screens from the OEM turbo banjo bolts for over 15 years.  But, several aftermarket turbo manufactures demand filtered oil to be supplied or the warranty is void.  That is why back in 2010 I developed the first LGT specific filtered turbo oil supply line with a serviceable filter.  The kit was sold in two versions over the years and the V2 went out of production around 2018. 

I see.  Thanks for clearing up the application of this product, good to know in case I ever get to upgrading the turbo.

How often is service done on this kind of filter system?  And what kind of filter does it use?