LegacyGT.com

Hi all. 2015 Legacy CVT Tr580 with 145000ish miles. had the christmas tree lights come on 5 months ago. Replaced the valve body and changed fluid and it went away. shifted a bit rough, got the tranny relearned and it was perfect. last week theyre all on again. this time its P2764 "Torque converter clutch pressure control solenoid control circuit low"..... I thought it was the same thing as last time, got a replacement VB, installed it, but nothing changed. Seems like this could be the torque converter solenoid? Is this possible to replace the solenoid without pulling the engine and tranny? I'm pretty tight financially atm and I'm trying not to take it to the dealer;(. Local garages seem very hesitant to touch a subaru CVT. I cannot find where the solenoid is, but from looking at diagrams, its not on the VB? any help would be appreciated, thanks.

The TC lockup solenoid is located in the valve body. I've attached the relevant pages from the Factory Service Manual. At this point, I would be looking closely for a short to ground somewhere in the wiring harness between the TCM and VB : pinched wire, chafed wire, etc. Assuming the harnesss checks out OK, worst case is that the TC lockup solenoid driver in the TCM has failed, which would require TCM replacement.

Do yourself a favor and download a complete (and legal) copy of the Factory Service Manual, the Subaru CVT training manual, and a whole lot more, direct from the Subaru Technical Information System web site. Cost is $35 for 72 hours of full access ... a bargain!

DTC_P2764.pdf

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png