LegacyGT.com

2004 Legacy Wagon 35th Anniv Edition sunroof is now manual

Hey all. My '04 wagon is about to turn 60k (yay!) and the front of the two sunroofs doesn't go up automatically. I can push it up once the motor has done its part, and it goes down fine with the switch. It cannot be pushed up until the motor finished cycling, so it seems like a broken gear, slide, etc.

Rear roof works fine. I can't find any info about what drives the two scissors producing lift at the rear of the glass. Does anyone have any pics of one of these out? I must be searching for the wrong terms, as I can't find anything on YouTube, Google, forums, etc. I see that a frame is still available (65421AE00A), but I don't know what parts I might need or if they are a part of that frame. I can't see in there from any angle, even with a mirror and light. 

Thank you!

P.S. I did find this item under the rear floormat, but it may not be related. 

20221122_141501.jpg

20221122_141515.jpg

Edited by bmart

• 1 year later...

It is winter, so this has fallen to the bottom of the list, but any ideas would be appreciated. I could see anything visually wrong. Rear roof works normally. Front roof motor works, but glass panel needs to be pushed up manually, but will close with button/motor. Is this a pulley or gear system for the front lift? Is this plastic bushing above part of the system? There's little info out there about these sunroofs. Thank you!