LegacyGT.com

Anyone wash their California Duster?

Mine doesn't pick up dust very well anymore. I've had it a few years now and was just curious if washing it will help.

This is what their website says about washing:

If you find it necessary to clean your Duster because it is too dirty or if the Duster stops lifting dust, it can be washed. You may hand wash your Duster in cold water with a mild detergent such as Woolite, then air dry. Do not use hot water to wash or hot air to dry, as heat or harsh detergent may remove the special paraffin treatment.

Rocket

Nobody I know washes theirs. Personally I don't use one, but I do have a dash duster that I have never washed and it is going on 8 years now. It still works fine.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I washed mine this fall when I got my new LGT. I figured I didn't want old dirt on the new car. Did it in the machine on gentle cycle, cold water, with Woolite. I also bought a new one at a good price just in case. The washing didn't seem to do anything bad nor ruin it's effectiveness. It also came out with the fibers still having a dirty color to them, although they felt "cleaner" I guess.

Give it a try. At the very least a new one is cheap. I pretty much only use the old, washed one on my GTI now and use the new one on the LGT. What's $10-15 when compared to a car? I love the duster to remove light dust or pollen, but I will not use it when the stuff on the car seems heavier than that. It's time for a wash then. As a result, I've not noticed any scratching or swirls due to the dusters as a result.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived