LegacyGT.com

Jdm bp5 opensource

Evandg

Hi there,

I have bought a tactrix 2.0 cable recently to flash my car. The car is a 2003 JDM Subaru Legacy 2.0gt spec.b (BP5). The computer is running windows 10. Whenever I try to read the (supposedly) stock rom it comes up with an error and the odometer display says “Er HC” I have tried different combinations of ignition on before and after clicking ok in ecuflash, green and white test mode connectors connected and disconnected, etc. this is all using the sti04 setting in the program, as recommended in the forums. I have also tried others like subarucan and I believe sti05? And no luck. Attached is a photo of the log. Anyone able to provide support on this? I have seen a local tuner save the rom off the car successfully a while ago so I know it is possible.

Thanks!

CF8FD188-4383-4392-B2D3-5FC5C88F2C9F.jpeg

Never used Windows 10 with ECUFlash/ROmRaider.  ER HC is a comm error.  IIrc there is a specific timing/pattern to turning the key to the "on" position with that set up to make the initial connection work.  It has been a long time.  Maybe another member can chime in.

Maybe try outback or Forester? I have the timing written down somewhere, will look for it. Edit - Here's the order I use:

Connect Green test connectors
Connect Taxtrix to Computer
Turn key to on
Open ECUFlash
Select Appropriate Vehicle
Open Rom Image from Computer
Test write image to vehicle
Click Ok
Write to ECU
Click Ok
Fan noise stops

will start writing
temp goes up, and odometer shows er hc
Click Ok
turn off key
Unplug Taxtrix from computer
disconnect green test cables

turn Key to on - let sit for a few seconds to recognize changes - about 15-30 - then start car - let idle for a few minutes without touching throttle

As for the vehicle, I think I use one one these, likely the last one:

image.png.18f01726c0ccd46359bc7125d360da26.png

I'm assuming you're already using the top one, which to me also seems correct. What is the quality of your USB cable? High or did it come with a gas station phone charger? I've had to switch USB cables for btssm app simply because a cheap one stopped working.

I'm by no means an expert, this is just how I would approach the situation, and then see if any research would back that up or bring me to a different solution.

Edited by seanyb505

8 hours ago, seanyb505 said:

Maybe try outback or Forester? I have the timing written down somewhere, will look for it. Edit - Here's the order I use:

Connect Green test connectors
Connect Taxtrix to Computer
Turn key to on
Open ECUFlash
Select Appropriate Vehicle
Open Rom Image from Computer
Test write image to vehicle
Click Ok
Write to ECU
Click Ok
Fan noise stops

will start writing
temp goes up, and odometer shows er hc
Click Ok
turn off key
Unplug Taxtrix from computer
disconnect green test cables

turn Key to on - let sit for a few seconds to recognize changes - about 15-30 - then start car - let idle for a few minutes without touching throttle

As for the vehicle, I think I use one one these, likely the last one:

image.png.18f01726c0ccd46359bc7125d360da26.png

I'm assuming you're already using the top one, which to me also seems correct. What is the quality of your USB cable? High or did it come with a gas station phone charger? I've had to switch USB cables for btssm app simply because a cheap one stopped working.

I'm by no means an expert, this is just how I would approach the situation, and then see if any research would back that up or bring me to a different solution.

Hmm okay I’ll try it out thanks! Yeah it’s the usb cable that came with the tactrix. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/18/2022 at 12:29 AM, Evandg said:

Hmm okay I’ll try it out thanks! Yeah it’s the usb cable that came with the tactrix. 

Did you get it working?

My 2003 JDM Subaru Legacy 2.0gt spec.b (manual) is very picky on the timing of reading, i.e. the first connection to ECU.

The way it works for me:

1. Key turned OFF
  2. Connect the green connectors, openport to laptop, etc.
  3. Start ecuflash, select sti04 as car
  4. Click "Read", which will open a pop-up message about key turned on, then hover your cursor on top of the OK button
  5. Turn key to ON and immediately click OK on the read pop-up
    • the trick seems to be quick timing, that's why be hovering over the OK button when turning key ON
  6. Connection should be made and reading started, from now on it stays connected for read/write/compare until you turn key off

Also do you have orginal or chinese knockoff OpenPort2 adapter ?

Edited by T3mppu

4 hours ago, T3mppu said:

Did you get it working?

My 2003 JDM Subaru Legacy 2.0gt spec.b (manual) is very picky on the timing of reading, i.e. the first connection to ECU.

The way it works for me:

1. Key turned OFF
  2. Connect the green connectors, openport to laptop, etc.
  3. Start ecuflash, select sti04 as car
  4. Click "Read", which will open a pop-up message about key turned on, but your cursor on top of the OK button
  5. Turn key to ON and immediately click OK on the read pop-up
    • the trick seems to be quick timing, that's why be hovering over the OK button when turning key ON
  6. Connection should be made and reading started, from now on it stays connected for read/write/compare until you turn key off

Also do you have orginal or chinese knockoff OpenPort2 adapter ?

Okay I’ll try this. Thanks!

It’s the genuine openport2. 

• 3 months later...